French toast muffins are quick and delicious, and is sure to become a new family favorite. Made with buttery croissants and topped with a yummy cinnamon streusel.
This is an easy breakfast to pop in the oven and have it all done at once. Serve with some fresh fruit and woolah. Perfect for a lazy weekend or Christmas morning breakfast.
These french toast muffins are easy and use basic pantry ingredients. Soft and moist in the middle, with a crunchy streusel topping,
Can I use any kind of bread? Of course! You don't have to use croissants although I prefer the buttery flavor. But white bread, challah, french bread, or even raisin bread is delicious.
Can I add fruit or nuts? Yep! You can add blueberries, apples, or chopped nuts to these french toast cups.
Can I make these the night before? I recommend preparing everything but not combining it until ready to bake unless you're using french bread. The bread cubes are small and if left overnight in the egg mixture can fall apart.
Can I freeze french toast cups? Sure, wrap each muffin in saran wrap and place it in a ziplock freezer bag. Microwave or place in the toaster oven to heat for an easy breakfast.
Other breakfast recipes you might like:
- Loaded Breakfast Burrito
- Sour Cream Blueberry Muffins
- Easy Breakfast Casserole
- Apple Cider Donuts
- Slow Cooker French Toast Casserole
- Breakfast Crescent Roll Ups
French Toast Muffin Cups
- 1 1/2 cups milk
- 2 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 5 eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon nutmeg
- 8 cups cubed croissants
- maple syrup
- powdered sugar if desired
- 4 tablespoons cold butter
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1/4 cup all purpose flour
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Spray a muffin pan with cooking spray and set aside.
- In a large bowl whisk together milk, sugar, eggs, vanilla, cinnamon and nutmeg until combined.
- Toss in cubed croissants
- Dived the mixture into the muffin cups. Pour any extra liquid over tops.
- In a small bowl add the brown sugar, flour, cinnamon and cold butter and mix using a fork or your fingers until crumbly.
- Spoon crumb mixture over the tops and gently press.
- Bake for 25-28 minutes or until golden brown.
- Serve with maple syrup and a dusting of powdered sugar if desired.
- Store any leftovers in and airtight container.