Baked chicken tacos are loaded with chicken, cheese, and refried beans and topped with all your favorite toppings.
Perfect for a crowd, or busy weeknight dinner all warm with gooey melted cheese and ready for toppings!
- Pica de Gallo
- Sour cream
- Sliced jalapenos
Tips for making for baked chicken tacos
- Use a thick salsa, I preferred a jarred salsa.
- Bake the shells for 5 minutes before adding meat to crisp them up.
- Always put the refried beans on the bottom to create a barrier between the chicken mixture.
More taco recipes!
- Slow Cooker Beef Short Rib Tacos
- Slow Cooker Salsa Chicken Tacos
- Chipotle Lime Flank Steak Taco
- Crispy Shrimp Tacos
MAKE SURE TO FOLLOW ME ON FACEBOOK, INSTAGRAM, PINTEREST FOR ALL MY LATEST RECIPES.
Baked Chicken Tacos
Baked chicken tacos are loaded with chicken, cheese, and refried beans and loaded with your favorite toppings.
- 1 pound ground chicken
- 1 cup salsa (I use a thick jarred salsa)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- ½ onion, diced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 3 tablespoons taco seasonings (or 1 package)
- 10 taco shells (I used Stand N Stuff Shells)
- 15 oz can re-fried beans
- 2 cups shredded cheese
Pica de Gallo
- 2 Roma tomatoes, seeded and diced
- 1 jalapeno, seeded and diced
- 1/4 cup onion, diced
- 2 tablespoons chopped cilantro
- Juice of 1 lime
- Salt to taste
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Spray a baking dish with non-stick cooking spray.
- Heat a large skillet on medium-high heat add olive oil and ground chicken and diced onions. Using a spoon break up the chicken and cook until browned about 7-8 minutes. Drain if you have a lot of fat, and return to skillet, add in taco seasoning.
- Reduce heat to medium-low and add in garlic and cook another 30 seconds or so. Add in salsa, mix and let simmer for 2-3 minutes. Turn off heat
- In a medium saucepan heat the refried bean over medium heat, stirring until heated through.
- Place the taco shells into the baking dish, and bake for 5 minutes by themselves to let them crisp up a bit.
- Place 2-3 tablespoons beans into each taco shell and ¼-½ cup chicken mixture on top and place bake in the baking pan.
- Sprinkle each taco evenly with cheese.
- Bake for 7-8 minutes or until cheese is melted and bubbly.
- Remove from the oven and top with your favorite toppings.
For the Pica De Gallo
- Place the ingredients in a small bowl and mix until combined.
- Add salt to taste.
Amount Per Serving Calories 306Total Fat 17gSaturated Fat 7gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 9gCholesterol 72mgSodium 580mgCarbohydrates 20gFiber 3gSugar 5gProtein 19g
Nutrition Disclaimer: All information presented on this site is intended for informational purposes only. I am not a certified nutritionist and any nutritional information shared on butteryourbiscuit.com should only be used as a general guideline.
Leave a Reply