These Chipotle-Lime Flank Steak Street Tacos are perfect for your next taco Tuesday! Topped with a fresh pica de gallo that puts these babies over the top!
I wish everyday was taco day, I mean I love them that much! These Chipotle-Lime Flank Steak Street Tacos are so easy and full of flavor. Marinated in lime juice, garlic, Chipotle and cilantro seared on a super hot skillet or grill. YUM!
Flank steak or skirt steak are both fantastic for tacos and best when cooked to medium rare. Topping them off with a fresh pica de gallo and guacamole or sour cream just puts these babies over the top. Tacos are super versatile and this marinade can be used for chicken if you’re not a fan of red meat.
- For the marinade
- 2 lbs flank steak
- Juice of 4 limes
- 4 chipotle peppers diced plus 2 tablespoons adobo sauce
- ½ cup chopped cilantro
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ¼ cup olive oil
- 4 garlic cloves diced
- pico de gallo
- ½ cup diced red onions
- 1 jalapeño pepper, seeded and diced
- 3 Roma tomatoes diced
- ¾ cup chopped cilantro
- juice of 2 limes
- 1½ tsp salt
- corn tortillas
- Cotija cheese
- In a small bowl add lime juice, chipotles and adobo sauce, salt, garlic, cilantro and olive oil mix until combined. in a large ziplock bag add flank steak and pour marinade in. Refrigerate for 4-8 hours.
- Heat a cast iron skillet or grill on high. Remove the steak from marinade and place it on the hot skillet/grill for about 4-5 minutes then flip and cook another 4-5 minutes for medium rare. Or until desired doneness.
- Let steak rest 10-15 minutes. Then slice in thin slices against the grain.
- Pica de gallo- Combine onions, jalapeños, tomatoes and chopped cilantro in a large bowl. Squeeze in the juice of 2 limes and add the salt. Mix until combined Add more salt to taste