These Flank Steak Street Tacos are perfect for your next taco Tuesday! Topped with a fresh pico de gallo that puts these babies over the top!
I wish everyday was taco day, I mean I love them that much! These Chipotle-Lime Flank Steak Street Tacos are so easy and full of flavor. Marinated in lime juice, garlic, Chipotle and cilantro seared on a super hot skillet or grill. YUM!
These tacos are super versatile and this marinade can be used for chicken if you’re not a fan of red meat. If you’re looking for more delicious Mexican food check out mu Cajun Shrimp Avocado Tostadas or My Mexican Pizzas which is one of my most popular recipes.
Flank steak or skirt steak are both fantastic for tacos and best when cooked to medium rare. Topping them off with a fresh pico de gallo and guacamole or sour cream just puts these babies over the top.
- 2 lbs flank steak
- Juice of 4 limes
- 4 chipotle peppers diced plus 2 tablespoons adobo sauce
- 1/2 cup chopped cilantro
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 4 garlic cloves diced
- 1/2 cup diced red onions
- 1 jalapeño pepper, seeded and diced
- 3 Roma tomatoes diced
- 3/4 cup chopped cilantro
- juice of 2 limes
- 1 1/2 tsp salt
- corn tortillas or flour tortillas
- Cotija cheese
- In a small bowl add lime juice, chipotles and adobo sauce, salt, garlic, cilantro and olive oil mix until combined. in a large ziplock bag add flank steak and pour marinade in. Refrigerate for 4-8 hours.
- Heat a cast iron skillet or grill on high. Remove the steak from marinade and place it on the hot skillet/grill for about 4-5 minutes then flip and cook another 4-5 minutes for medium rare. Or until desired doneness.
- Let steak rest 10-15 minutes. Then slice in thin slices against the grain.
- Pica de gallo- Combine onions, jalapeños, tomatoes and chopped cilantro in a large bowl. Squeeze in the juice of 2 limes and add the salt. Mix until combined Add more salt to taste
If you have leftover chipotle peppers in adobo sauce just through it all in a freezer baggie and freeze it for other recipes.
Serving Size4 Servings
Amount Per Serving Calories 774Total Fat 35gSaturated Fat 10gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 21gCholesterol 181mgSodium 1725mgCarbohydrates 50gFiber 7gSugar 23gProtein 68g
Nutrition Disclaimer: All information presented on this site is intended for informational purposes only. I am not a certified nutritionist and any nutritional information shared on butteryourbiscuit.com should only be used as a general guideline.