These Flank Steak Street Tacos are perfect for your next taco Tuesday! Topped with a fresh pico de gallo that puts these babies over the top!
I wish everyday was taco day, I mean I love them that much! These Chipotle-Lime Flank Steak Street Tacos are so easy and full of flavor. Marinated in lime juice, garlic, Chipotle and cilantro seared on a super hot skillet or grill. YUM!
Tacos are super versatile and this marinade can be used for chicken if you’re not a fan of red meat.
Flank steak or skirt steak are both fantastic for tacos and best when cooked to medium rare. Topping them off with a fresh pico de gallo and guacamole or sour cream just puts these babies over the top.
Chipotle-Lime Flank Steak Street Tacos
- 2 lbs flank steak
- Juice of 4 limes
- 4 chipotle peppers diced plus 2 tablespoons adobo sauce
- 1/2 cup chopped cilantro
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 4 garlic cloves diced
- 1/2 cup diced red onions
- 1 jalapeño pepper seeded and diced
- 3 Roma tomatoes diced
- 3/4 cup chopped cilantro
- juice of 2 limes
- 1 1/2 tsp salt
- corn tortillas or flour tortillas
- Cotija cheese
- In a small bowl add lime juice, chipotles and adobo sauce, salt, garlic, cilantro and olive oil mix until combined. in a large ziplock bag add flank steak and pour marinade in. Refrigerate for 4-8 hours.
- Heat a cast iron skillet or grill on high. Remove the steak from marinade and place it on the hot skillet/grill for about 4-5 minutes then flip and cook another 4-5 minutes for medium rare. Or until desired doneness.
- Let steak rest 10-15 minutes. Then slice in thin slices against the grain.
- Pica de gallo- Combine onions, jalapeños, tomatoes and chopped cilantro in a large bowl. Squeeze in the juice of 2 limes and add the salt. Mix until combined Add more salt to taste