These BBQ Bacon Jalapeño Wrapped Smokies are simple, smoky with a little spice. The perfect appetizer for any party!
These BBQ Bacon Jalapeño wrapped smokies are easy and one of my absolute favorites. They are such a huge favorite whenever I bring them to a party, and I'm always asked for the recipe. They'll make a perfect appetizer for the upcoming Super Bowl. Everyone will gobble them up while watching the game.
They can be prepared ahead of time and then toss them in the oven about 30 minutes before ready to serve. I love these Bamboo Cocktail Skewers I bought from amazon they are cheap and you can easily fit two smokies on them.
We have a serious love for bacon-wrapped jalapenos around here. So I thought why not pair it with some delicious smokies, wrapped in bacon and smothered in my favorite BBQ sauce like my Bacon Wrapped Chicken. I guarantee these babies will go fast, so I recommend doubling the recipe. I made a few without jalapeños for the kids.
This recipe makes 16 appetizers, but you could double that and only put one smokie with a jalapeño slice on each skewer or toothpick.
Need more appetizer ideas for your next party? Check out my Slow Cooker Honey Sriracha Chicken Meatballs and my Italian Sausage Stuffed Mushrooms both are super easy and can be prepared ahead of time.
BBQ Bacon Jalapeño Wrapped Smokies
- 1 14 oz package smokies
- 1/2 pound bacon not the thick kind
- 2 jalapenos sliced
- 1 1/2 cups BBQ sauce
- Toothpicks or cocktail skewers
- Green onions thinly sliced
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper or foil
- Cut bacon slices into third
- Wrap each piece of bacon around a smokie and place on cocktail stick. Then one slice of jalapeno followed by another wrapped sausage. Place on a baking sheet.
- Bake 20 minutes, brush the smokies with bbq sauce and bake another 20 minutes or until bacon is desired crispiness.
- Garnish with finely chopped green onions and serve with extra bbq sauce