Sweet and Spicy Bacon-Wrapped Chicken Breast is an easy chicken dinner. Juicy chicken breasts wrapped in bacon slices then coated with brown sugar and spices.
We may earn a small commission for purchases made through links in this post. Read our disclosure policy here
These chicken breasts are super moist on the inside with crispy bacon on the outside. I guarantee the whole family will love this one. Serve it with my Garlic Roasted Red Mashed Potatoes and Microwave Corn on the Cob.
Why this recipe works
Who doesn't love a baked chicken breast recipe that requires very little effort and easy clean-up? The best part is thesebacon wrapped chicken breast use simple ingredients that you probably already have in your pantry, like my Grilled Chicken Thighs. Wrapping the chicken breasts in bacon not only adds tons of flavor but helps keep the chicken breast tender and juicy.
Ingredients for bacon wrapped chicken breast
- Bacon: Make sure you use regular cut bacon, thick bacon won't get crispy.
- Chicken: You can use boneless skinless chicken thighs also.
- Paprika: Smoked paprika adds a tons of smoky flavor but regular paprika will also work.
- Brown sugar: Both light or dark brown sugar will work here.
- Red pepper: you can also use a pinch of cayenne pepper for a little kick.
How to make bacon wrapped chicken
Step 1: In a small shallow bowl add the spices and mix until combined.
Step 2: Sprinkle chicken with some of the sweet and spicy seasoning on the chicken.
Step 3: Wrap two slices of bacon around each piece of chicken and place seam side down into the baking dish.
Step 4: Sprinkle the remaining seasoning mixture on top of the bacon and bake.
- Use regular cut bacon for this recipe.
- Don't overcook the chicken- this is one recipe where it helps to have a Instant Read thermometer, you want an internal temperature of 164 degrees.
- Add some bbq sauce on top of the brown sugar mixture before broiling.
- Spicy bacon wrapped chicken tenders will also work.
- You can use a wooden toothpick to help hold each slice of bacon on.
Yes, follow this recipe as directed and place on a hot grill for about 8-10 minutes then flip and grill another 8-10 minutes.
You want to use a thin cut bacon and I prefer a smoky flavor like applewood. Thick cut bacon will not get crispy enough during the baking process.
Yes, season and wrap the chicken breasts with bacon and place them on the baking sheet. Cover with aluminum foil and place in the refrigerator. When ready to bake allow the chicken to sit on the counter for 20 minutes to come to room temperature then place in the oven to bake.
Yes, prepare the chicken breasts according to the recipe. Then wrap each one in a piece of plastic wrap. then place in a large ziplock freezer bag. Freeze up to 3 months, thaw in the refrigerator overnight and bake.
More chicken recipes
FOLLOW ME ON FACEBOOK, INSTAGRAM, PINTEREST FOR ALL MY LATEST RECIPES.
Sweet and Spicy Bacon Wrapped Chicken
Sweet and spicy bacon-wrapped chicken is an easy chicken dinner. Juicy chicken breasts wrapped in bacon slices then coated with brown sugar and spices.
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts (approx. 6 oz each)
- 2 ½ tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons granulated garlic
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 2 teaspoons smoked paprika
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon black pepper
- ½ teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 8 slices bacon, regular cut
- Parsley for garnish
1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees
2. In a small bowl add the brown sugar, garlic, Italian seasoning, paprika, salt, pepper, and cayenne pepper and mix until combined.
3. Sprinkle 1/3 of the seasoning on top of the chicken breasts.
4. Wrap two pieces of bacon around each chicken breast and place in a 9x13 baking dish seam side down.
5. Evenly sprinkle the rest of the seasoning over the top of the bacon.
6. Bake for 25-30 minutes or until internal temperature reaches 160 degrees.
7. Then turn the broiler on and broil for 3-4 minutes to crisp up the top.
8. Remove from the oven and let rest 5 minutes garnish with fresh chopped parsley.
Use regular cut bacon for this recipe, thick-cut won't crisp up.
Don't overcook the chicken- this is one recipe where it helps to have a meat thermometer, you want an internal temperature of 164 degrees.
Add some bbq sauce on top of the brown sugar mixture before broiling.
Spicy bacon-wrapped chicken tenders will also work.
You can use a wooden toothpick to help hold each slice of bacon on.
Amount Per Serving Calories 343Total Fat 13gSaturated Fat 4gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 8gCholesterol 125mgSodium 1009mgCarbohydrates 9gFiber 1gSugar 7gProtein 46g
Nutrition Disclaimer: All information presented on this site is intended for informational purposes only. I am not a certified nutritionist and any nutritional information shared on butteryourbiscuit.com should only be used as a general guideline.
The recipe card with all the instruction is at the bottom of the post. You actually pass it when you get to the comment section. If you hit the "Jump to recipe" button at the top of the post-it will take you straight there.
What temperature for the oven?
For how long?