These Italian Sausage Stuffed Mushrooms are a quick and easy hot appetizer. Sure to disappear fast!
These Italian Sausage Stuffed Mushrooms are always a huge hit! This recipe is pretty simple and best of all delicious! Each cap is stuffed with Italian sausage, cream cheese, breadcrumbs, onions and garlic, and of course Parmesan cheese. Perfect little bites!
The filling options for mushrooms are endless. This combination is definitely my favorite so far. You can use white or Cremini mushrooms but they will darken as they bake as well as shrink.
Try these babies the next time you have friends over! This is a perfect make-ahead appetizer, then just pop them in the oven.
Looking for another tasty appetizer that's quick and easy to through together? Check out my Bacon Jalapeno Cheese Ball.
This recipe can be easily halved if you don't have a large crowd to feed. Or you can just pop the unused filling into the freezer for your next mushroom craving.
- 24 large whole fresh mushrooms
- 8 ounces hot Italian sausage (or mild)
- 3 garlic cloves minced
- 1/2 small onion diced (about 1/3 cup)
- 1 8-ounce package of cream cheese softened
- 1/4 cup Parmesan cheese
- 1/4 cup Italian Panko bread crumbs (plus more for topping)
- fresh chopped parsley
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees
- Remove stems and dice them up and set aside. Gently wipe mushrooms clean with a damp paper towel.
- In a large skillet on medium heat, cook sausage, and onion until sausage is no longer pink drain grease and add mushrooms stems and garlic and cook another minute. Remove and let cool.
- In a medium bowl add cream cheese, Parmesan cheese bread crumbs. Add in sausage mixture and mix until combined.
- Spoon mixture into mushroom caps and place on a baking sheet or oven safe dish. Sprinkle with more Panko bread crumbs. Don't overcrowd the pan/dish or the mushrooms will end up steaming.
- Bake approximately 15-20 minutes. Or until the mushrooms are tender and stuffing is golden.
- **If you have mixture left over just pop it in the freezer and thaw when ready to use.
Both white button or Cremini mushrooms work.
Amount Per Serving Calories 76Total Fat 6gSaturated Fat 3gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 3gCholesterol 16mgSodium 127mgCarbohydrates 2gFiber 0gSugar 1gProtein 3g
Nutrition Disclaimer: All information presented on this site is intended for informational purposes only. I am not a certified nutritionist and any nutritional information shared on butteryourbiscuit.com should only be used as a general guideline.