Buttermilk biscuits come out soft, with flaky layers of buttery goodness!
These biscuits are perfect for breakfast with honey butter. Or add some sausage gravy on top. One of my favorites is a egg and sausage biscuit breakfast sandwich!
This honey butter is easy to make and super delicious! Boy do I love it slathered on a warm biscuit.
How to make Buttermilk Biscuits with Honey Butter!
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees Spray a baking sheet with non stick cooking spray or use a baking liner.
- Sift flour, baking powder, sugar and salt into a large bowl.
- Add cubes of cold butter. Using your hands or a pastry cutter mix just until it becomes a loose crumble.
- Add in the buttermilk and mix until it becomes a sticky ball.
- Place the dough ball on a floured surface and roll out into a rectangle about 1 inch thick.
- Fold it over and roll it out again. Repeat 4 more times.
- Roll out the dough again about 1 inch thick. Cut biscuits using a biscuit cutter or floured glass.
- Place biscuits on baking sheet, making sure they touch. Bake 15 minutes or until golden brown on top.
- In a small bowl add softened butter and honey and mix until combined.
- Removes biscuits from oven serve warm with honey butter.
These biscuits turn out perfect every time. Flaky on the outside and soft on the inside. Perfect for meals year round!
These take just 6 easy ingredients that I’m sure you already have in your pantry. I usually make a double batch and freeze half of them.
If you love breakfast as much as I do. Make sure to check out my other recipes.
- Loaded Breakfast Burrito
- Sour Cream Blueberry Muffins
- Open Faced Breakfast Sandwich
- IHOP Copycat Pancakes
- Breakfast Tacos
- Sausage Egg Cheese Crescent Roll Ups
- 2- 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 8 tablespoons cold butter cut into small cubes
- 1 cup buttermilk, see notes
- 1 cube softened butter
- 3 tablespoons honey
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees. Spray a baking sheet with non stick spray or use a baking liner.
- Sift flour, baking powder, sugar and salt into large mixing bowl.
- Add in chopped butter and mix with hands or a pastry cutter until it becomes a loose crumble.
- Add buttermilk and mix until it becomes a sticky ball.
- Place the dough on a floured surface and roll into about 1 inch thick. Fold it over and roll out again. Repeat 4 more times
- Roll out the dough into a rectangle about 1 inch thick. Cut biscuits using a biscuit cutter or glass.
- Place biscuits on a baking sheet making sure they touch. Bake 12-15 minutes or until golden brown.
- In a small bowl add softened butter and honey mix until combined. Set aside
- Remove biscuits and serve warm with honey butter.
Freeze unbaked biscuits, uncovered, on baking sheet until solid, then transfer to a resealable plastic bag. Do not thaw before baking, you may need to add a couple minutes to the baking time.
Serving Size6 Servings
Amount Per Serving Calories 396 Total Fat 18g Saturated Fat 11g Trans Fat 1g Unsaturated Fat 6g Cholesterol 47mg Sodium 1056mg Carbohydrates 52g Net Carbohydrates 0g Fiber 1g Sugar 11g Sugar Alcohols 0g Protein 7g