Buttermilk biscuits come out soft, with flaky layers of buttery goodness!
These biscuits are perfect for breakfast with honey butter. Or add some sausage gravy on top. One of my favorites is a egg and sausage biscuit breakfast sandwich!
This honey butter is easy to make and super delicious! Boy do I love it slathered on a warm biscuit.
How to make Buttermilk Biscuits with Honey Butter!
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees Spray a baking sheet with non stick cooking spray or use a baking liner.
- Sift flour, baking powder, sugar and salt into a large bowl.
- Add cubes of cold butter. Using your hands or a pastry cutter mix just until it becomes a loose crumble.
- Add in the buttermilk and mix until it becomes a sticky ball.
- Place the dough ball on a floured surface and roll out into a rectangle about 1 inch thick.
- Fold it over and roll it out again. Repeat 4 more times.
- Roll out the dough again about 1 inch thick. Cut biscuits using a biscuit cutter or floured glass.
- Place biscuits on baking sheet, making sure they touch. Bake 15 minutes or until golden brown on top.
- In a small bowl add softened butter and honey and mix until combined.
- Removes biscuits from oven serve warm with honey butter.
These biscuits turn out perfect every time. Flaky on the outside and soft on the inside. Perfect for meals year-round!
These take just 6 easy ingredients that I'm sure you already have in your pantry. I usually make a double batch and freeze half of them.
If you love breakfast as much as I do. Make sure to check out my other recipes.
- Loaded Breakfast Burrito
- Sour Cream Blueberry Muffins
- Open Faced Breakfast Sandwich
- IHOP Copycat Pancakes
- Breakfast Tacos
- Sausage Egg Cheese Crescent Roll Ups
- Blueberry French Toast Casserole
- 2- 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 8 tablespoons cold butter cut into small cubes
- 1 cup buttermilk, see notes
- 1/2 cup butter softened
- 3 tablespoons honey
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees. Spray a baking sheet with non stick spray or use a baking liner.
- Sift flour, baking powder, sugar and salt into large mixing bowl.
- Add in chopped butter and mix with hands or a pastry cutter until it becomes a loose crumble.
- Add buttermilk and mix until it becomes a sticky ball.
- Place the dough on a floured surface and roll into about 1 inch thick. Fold it over and roll out again. Repeat 4 more times
- Roll out the dough into a rectangle about 1 inch thick. Cut biscuits using a biscuit cutter or glass.
- Place biscuits on a baking sheet making sure they touch. Bake 12-15 minutes or until golden brown.
- In a small bowl add softened butter and honey mix until combined. Set aside
- Remove biscuits and serve warm with honey butter.
Freeze unbaked biscuits, uncovered, on baking sheet until solid, then transfer to a resealable plastic bag. Freeze up to 3 months. Do not thaw before baking, you may need to add a couple of minutes to the baking time.
Serving Size1 biscuit
Amount Per Serving Calories 301Total Fat 23gSaturated Fat 15gTrans Fat 1gUnsaturated Fat 7gCholesterol 62mgSodium 871mgCarbohydrates 21gFiber 0gSugar 9gProtein 3g
Nutrition Disclaimer: All information presented on this site is intended for informational purposes only. I am not a certified nutritionist and any nutritional information shared on butteryourbiscuit.com should only be used as a general guideline.