Buttermilk biscuits come out soft, with flaky layers of buttery goodness!
These biscuits are perfect for breakfast with honey butter. Or add some of my Homemade Sausage Gravy on top. One of my favorites is an egg and sausage biscuit breakfast sandwich!
This honey butter is easy to make and super delicious! Boy do I love it slathered on a warm biscuit.
How to make Buttermilk Biscuits with Honey Butter!
- Sift flour, baking powder, sugar, and salt into a large bowl.
- Add cubes of cold butter. Using your hands or a pastry cutter, mix until it becomes a loose crumble.
- Add in the buttermilk and mix until it becomes a sticky ball.
- Place the dough ball on a floured surface and roll it out into a rectangle about 1 inch thick.
- Fold it over and roll it out again.
- Roll the dough out again to about 1 inch thick. Cut using a biscuit cutter or glass.
- Place biscuits on a baking sheet and bake.
These biscuits turn out perfect every time. Flaky on the outside and soft on the inside, perfect to have with meals year-round.
These take just 6 ingredients that I'm sure you already have in your pantry. I usually make a double batch and freeze them.
Buttermilk Biscuits with Honey Butter
- 2- 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 8 tablespoons cold butter cut into small cubes
- 1 cup buttermilk see notes
- 1/2 cup butter softened
- 3 tablespoons honey
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees. Spray a baking sheet with non stick spray or use a baking liner.
- Sift flour, baking powder, sugar and salt into large mixing bowl.
- Add in chopped butter and mix with hands or a pastry cutter until it becomes a loose crumble.
- Add buttermilk and mix until it becomes a sticky ball.
- Place the dough on a floured surface and roll into about 1 inch thick. Fold it over and roll out again. Repeat 4 more times
- Roll out the dough into a rectangle about 1 inch thick. Cut biscuits using a biscuit cutter or glass.
- Place biscuits on a baking sheet making sure they touch. Bake 12-15 minutes or until golden brown.
- In a small bowl add softened butter and honey mix until combined. Set aside
- Remove biscuits and serve warm with honey butter.