Tilapia fish tacos have an amazing spice rub and are topped with a delicious chipotle ranch sauce.
These tilapia fish tacos come can be made in 30 minutes, mildly favored white fish, flaky with tons of flavor.
- Tilapia-or any white fish
- Smoked Paprika- regular paprika will also work
- Chili Powder
- Garlic Powder
- Olive Oil
- Ranch dressing
- Chipotle in adobo Sauce
How to make this recipe
Step 1- Add all the spices to a bowl and mix.
Step 2- Evenly sprinkle the seasoning mix over both sides of the white fish filets.
Step 3- Place fish fillets in a hot skillet over medium-high heat and cook.
Step 4-Break up the cooked fish up into bite-size pieces,
- Don't have tilapia? You can use any white fish like cod, flounder, or even sole.
- Be sure not to overcook your fish.
- I used warm corn tortillas but flour tortillas would be also delicious.
- Don't leave out the sauce! It takes these tacos to a whole new level.
- Chipotle powder can be used in stead of the chipotle in a can.
Tilapia is a lost-cost mild-flavored fish most of its flavors come from the seasonings. My Tilapia with Lemon Butter Sauce is another family favorite that comes together super fast.
Sure can, any mild white fish will work. Cod, flounder or even sole will work great for these easy fish tacos.
Mexican Rice, Cilantro Rice, or even my Mexican Corn Salad is delicious served with taco night.
More tacos you'll love
MAKE SURE TO FOLLOW ME ON FACEBOOK, INSTAGRAM, PINTEREST FOR ALL MY LATEST RECIPES.
Tilapia Fish Tacos with Chipotle Ranch Sauce
Tilapia fish tacos have an amazing spice rub, and topped with a delicious chipotle ranch sauce. Sure to be a new family favorite!
- 1 lb Tilapia fillets (about 4-5 fillets)
- 1 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoon olive oil
- 6-8 corn or flour tortillas
- 1 cup finely shredded cabbage
- 1 small tomato finely diced
- 1/2 cup red onion diced
- 1 jalapeno sliced
- 1 avocado diced
- Cotija cheese
- 1 cup cilantro
- 2-3 limes
- 1/2 cup ranch dressing
- 2-3 teaspoons diced chipotle in adobo sauce
- juice of 1/2 a lime
- In a small bowl add paprika, chili powder, cumin, garlic, and salt and mix until combined. Rub seasoning on both sides of tilapia filets.
- Heat a large skillet on medium-high heat, add olive oil, and cook filets for 3-4 minutes on each side. Or until fish flakes with a fork. Remove to a plate and chop tilapia into chunks, squeeze the juice of 2 limes over tilapia.
- In a skillet or microwave heat corn tortillas for about 15-20 seconds to make them more pliable.
- Add tilapia, cabbage, tomatoes onions, and avocado. Drizzle with chipotle ranch, and sprinkle Cotija cheese and cilantro on top.
You can also use cod, flounder, or sole instead of tilapia.
You can substitute 1 teaspoon chipotle powder for the canned.
Both corn and flour tortillas will work.
Amount Per Serving Calories 495Total Fat 24gSaturated Fat 4gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 18gCholesterol 49mgSodium 502mgCarbohydrates 52gFiber 8gSugar 15gProtein 28g
Nutrition Disclaimer: All information presented on this site is intended for informational purposes only. I am not a certified nutritionist and any nutritional information shared on butteryourbiscuit.com should only be used as a general guideline.
Oh yay Sherri. I hope you love them 🙂
Lived in Baja Mexico for about a year and a half and really missed these. The Chipotle Ranch sounds so food with this! Can't wait to try them!