Tilapia fish tacos have an amazing spice rub, and topped with a delicious chipotle ranch sauce. Sure to be a new family favorite!
These tilapia fish tacos come can be made in 30 minutes, fresh and healthy meal with such a great combination of flavors!
Tacos are one of my all time favorite meals. Whether its beef, chicken, or fish...I love them all! They are super customizable to ones liking, and are fantastic for entertaining.
If tilapia isn't your favorite choice, you can use any white mild fish. My family happens to love tilapia and you can get it pretty cheap when its on sale.
I'd never had a fish taco before this recipe, man have I been missing out! These are so addicting, I could eat them every single night of the week!
Tilapia and salmon are always my go to fish here are a couple of my favorite recipes!
- 1 lb Tilapia fillets (about 4-5 fillets)
- 1 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoon olive oil
- 6-8 corn or flour tortillas
- 1 cup finely shredded cabbage
- 1 small tomato finely diced
- 1/2 cup red onion diced
- 1 jalapeno sliced
- 1 avocado diced
- Cotija cheese
- 1 cup cilantro
- 2-3 limes
- 1/2 cup ranch dressing
- 2-3 teaspoons diced chipotle in adobo sauce
- juice of 1/2 a lime
- In a small bowl add paprika, chili powder, cumin,garlic and salt and mix until combined. Rub seasoning on both sides of tilapia filets.
- Heat a large skillet on medium high heat, add olive oil and cook filets for 3-4 minutes on each side. Or until fish flakes with a fork. Remove to a plate and chop tilapia into chunks, squeeze the juice of 2 limes over tilapia.
- In a skillet, or microwave heat corn tortillas for about 15-20 seconds to make them more pliable.
- Add tilapia, cabbage, tomatoes onions and avocado. Drizzle with chipotle ranch, and sprinkle Cotija cheese and cilantro on top.
- **You could substitute 1 teaspoon chipotle powder.
Amount Per Serving Calories 495Total Fat 24gSaturated Fat 4gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 18gCholesterol 49mgSodium 502mgCarbohydrates 52gFiber 8gSugar 15gProtein 28g
Nutrition Disclaimer: All information presented on this site is intended for informational purposes only. I am not a certified nutritionist and any nutritional information shared on butteryourbiscuit.com should only be used as a general guideline.