Cedar Plank Grilled Salmon is super moist and has a slight smokey flavor.
Summer makes me think of warm weather and BBQ’s with fantastic food! This Cedar Plank Grilled Salmon is simple and adds so much flavor, you get a fantastic smokiness from the smoldering wood.
I know the thought of using a cedar plank can be intimidating but it really is easy. My family is obsessed with this salmon recipe. My son could eat it everyday if I’d let him. The salmon becomes slightly smokey with the cedar plank. I usually serve this with a side of rice and a veggie, but they also make amazing tacos. Yumm
lt is very important to soak your cedar plank prior to cooking your salmon. Soaking it will cause the plank to smolder and create smoke. The plank prevents the salmon from sticking to the grill and is easy to clean up. They can also be reused, until they become overly charred and can no longer get clean.
Looking for more grilled recipes?
- Grilled Corn with Cilantro Lime Butter
- Bacon Ranch Foil Wrapped Potatoes
- Honey Sriracha Grilled Chicken with Coconut Rice
- Grilled Tri Tip with Onions and Peppers
- Grilled Skirt Steak with Chimichurri Sauce
***NOTE Cedar planks can be purchased at amazon, I use them for chicken and steak to.
- ½ cup soy sauce
- ⅛ cup brown sugar
- ¼ cup rice wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon liquid smoke (optional)
- 3 tablespoon garlic minced
- 2 tablespoons fresh ginger grated
- 1-2 lb salmon
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Soak cedar plank in water for at least 2 hours.
- In a small bowl combine all the ingredients, whisk until sugar is dissolved. Pour marinade over fish until well coated. Marinade in refrigerator for up to 2 hours.
- Heat charcoal or gas grill on medium heat, Place salmon skin side down on cedar plank. Season with salt and pepper. Grill over medium heat for about 12-15 minutes. Or until the salmon is just opaque in the center and flakes with a fork.
- Squeeze some lemon on according to taste