Cedar Plank Grilled Salmon is super moist and has a slightly smoky flavor.
This Cedar Plank Grilled Salmon is marinated in soy sauce, garlic, brown sugar marinade. Super simple and adds so much flavor, and you get a fantastic smokiness from the smoldering wood.
I know the thought of using a cedar plank can be intimidating but it really is easy. My family is obsessed with this salmon recipe. My son could eat it every day if I'd let him. I usually serve this with a side of rice and a veggie, but they also make amazing tacos. Yumm!
lt's very important to soak your cedar planks prior to cooking your salmon. Soaking it will cause the plank to smolder and create smoke. The salmon becomes slightly smokey from the cedar plank. Also the plank prevents the salmon from sticking to the grill and is easy to clean up.
How to make this recipe
- Start by mixing all your marinade ingredients in a small bowl
- Place salmon in a dish and pour 1/2 of the mixture over salmon and marinate for 2 hours.
- While the salmon is marinating place the cedar plank in a container and cover it with water. Soak cedar planks for 1-2 hours.
- Heat grill on high and place cedar planks over direct heat for 1-2 minutes, flip and heat 1-2 more minutes.
- Place salmon on cedar planks and grill 15-18 minutes or until opaque and flakes with a fork.
Looking for more grilled recipes?
- Grilled Corn with Cilantro Lime Butter
- Bacon Ranch Foil Wrapped Potatoes
- Honey Sriracha Grilled Chicken with Coconut Rice
- Grilled Tri-Tip with Onions and Peppers
- Grilled Skirt Steak with Chimichurri Sauce
- 2 lbs salmon (I use Atlantic)
- 1 cup soy sauce
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 cup rice wine vinegar
- 3 tablespoon garlic minced
- 2 tablespoons fresh ginger grated
- 1/2 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 2 teaspoon cornstarch
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Soak cedar plank in water for at 1-2 hours.
- In a small bowl combine soy sauce, brown sugar, vinegar, garlic, grated ginger, and red pepper flakes, whisk until sugar is dissolved. Pour 1/2 of the marinade over fish until well coated. Marinade in refrigerator for up to 2 hours.
- Heat a small saucepan on medium low heat and add the remaining marinade mixture. Whisk in the cornstarch until dissolved. Simmer sauce for 3-5 minutes or just until thickened.
- Heat charcoal or gas grill on medium heat, Place soaked cedar plank on top of flames. Heat plank for 1-2 minutes then flip and heat another 1-2 minutes. Place salmon skin side down on cedar plank. Season with salt and pepper. Grill over medium heat for about 12-15 minutes. Or until the salmon is just opaque in the center and flakes with a fork.
- Brush some extra sauce on, add salt and pepper and a squeeze of lemon if desired. Serve over rice.
Serving Size4 Servings
Amount Per Serving Calories 574Total Fat 29gSaturated Fat 6gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 20gCholesterol 143mgSodium 3720mgCarbohydrates 20gFiber 1gSugar 12gProtein 56g
Nutrition Disclaimer: All information presented on this site is intended for informational purposes only. I am not a certified nutritionist and any nutritional information shared on butteryourbiscuit.com should only be used as a general guideline.