Pan Seared Garlic Rib Eye Steak is flavorful, juicy and simple to prepare.
Rib eye is definitely my favorite cut of meat. Basted in butter with cloves of garlic infuses so much rich flavor, and lets not forget about those sweet caramelized onions.
Rib eye steaks are easy to make in under 20 minutes for a quick weeknight dinner. You’ll be surprised at just how easy they are to make at home.
How to make a Pan Seared Garlic Rib eye Steak!
- Bring steaks to room temperature.
- Season both side of the steak with salt and pepper.
- Heat a skillet on medium high heat, (I use cast iron skillet) add sliced onions. Cook 3-5 minutes string occasionally. Add in butter and reduce heat. Cook another5-10 minutes. Remove and set aside.
- Turn the skillet on high One its screaming hot add olive oil and add the steaks.
- Let cook 3-4 minutes then flip.
- Add in the butter and allow it to foam. Add in the garlic cloves.
- Using a spoon baste the butter over the top of the steaks for 3-4 more minutes or until desired doneness.
- Let rest 5 minutes before slicing.
Cooking times for a 1-1/2 inch steak
Rare– about 2-3 minutes each side (120-130F)
Medium Rare– About 3-4 minutes each side (130-140F )
Medium– about 4-5 minutes each side (140-150F)
Use a meat thermometer to check the temperature of the steaks. Keep in mind steaks will continue to cook and rise 3-4 degrees while resting.
The flavors in this steak are incredible because of the great sear. The caramelized onions and pan sauce are CRAZY GOOD with a side of mashed potatoes and a veggie!
What can you serve with rib eye steak
- Bacon Jalapeno Twice Baked Potatoes
- Honey Garlic Roasted Carrots
- Parmesan Roasted Broccoli
- Cheddar Bay Biscuits
- Lemon Garlic Parmesan Orzo
- Parmesan Roasted Brussels Sprouts
- 2- rib eye steaks 1 1/2 inch thick
- 2 teaspoons Kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon Black pepper
- 2 tablespoon olive oil
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 4-5 garlic cloves
- 1 medium onion (cut into thin rings)
- Bring rib eye steaks to room temperature. Generously salt and pepper both sides.
- Heat a skillet on medium high heat, (I use cast iron skillet) add 2 tablespoons butter and 1 tablespoon olive oil. Add sliced onions. Reduce heat to medium low and cook 15-20 minutes stirring every minute, to prevent any burning. Remove and set aside.
- Crank up the skillet to high heat, add 1 tablespoon olive oil. Just when pan begins to smoke add in steaks. Cook 4-5 minutes then flip.
- Add in the final 2 tablespoons of butter and allow it to foam. Add in garlic and baste the steaks with the melted butter.
- Baste constantly will cooking for another 3-4 minutes for medium rare or until done to your preference.
- Serve and spoon pan sauce and onions over steak.
Serving Size2 Servings
Amount Per Serving Calories 588Total Fat 53gSaturated Fat 24gTrans Fat 1gUnsaturated Fat 27gCholesterol 127mgSodium 2350mgCarbohydrates 8gFiber 1gSugar 2gProtein 23g