These cherry cheesecake bars are the perfect make-ahead dessert. Buttery crust, creamy filling and topped with a sweet cherry sauce.
These cheesecake bars are perfect for summer barbecues, parties, or just when you're craving some cheesecake.
The filling for this cheesecake uses just a few simple ingredients and then you'll have a creamy, dreamy decadent dessert that everyone will crave!
- You can buy already crushed graham cracker crumbs or crush your own using a food processor
- Lay a piece of parchment paper in your baking pan to easily remove the bars.
- Make sure your cream cheese is room temperature or else you'll get small chunks of cream cheese that won't blend.
- Use a toothpick or skewer to make swirls with your cherry sauce, before baking.
- I like to serve any extra cherry filling on the side.
Tools used for this recipe
What's the difference between New York Cheesecake and regular?
New York cheesecake is made in a springform pan and baked in a water bath. Relies on heavy cream or sour cream which gives it a denser, smoother, and creamier texture. Regular cheesecake is less dense and is a lighter and fluffier texture, both cheesecakes have a buttery crust and are equally delicious!
MAKE SURE TO FOLLOW ME ON FACEBOOK, INSTAGRAM, AND PINTEREST FOR ALL MY LATEST RECIPES.
Cherry Cheesecake Bars
These cherry cheesecake bars are the perfect make ahead dessert. Buttery crust, creamy filling and topped with a sweet cherry sauce.
- 1-1/2 cups graham cracker crumbs
- 5 tablespoon melted butter
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 2-8 ounce pkgs cream cheese at room temperature
- 1/3 cup sour cream
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 large egg
- 2 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 cups cherry pie filling
- Spray an 8x8 baking pan with non stick spray, or use a piece of parchment paper for easy removal. Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- In a medium bowl add graham cracker crumbs, cinnamon and melted butter. Mix until combined.
- Press the crumbs into the pan and bake for 5 minutes. Remove and set aside.
- Reduce oven to 325 degrees.
- In a large bowl add softened cream cheese, using a hand mixer beat until smooth and creamy about 30 seconds. Add in sour cream, sugar, vanilla, egg and flour and beat until combined.
- Pour filling on top of graham cracker crust. Add spoonfuls of cherry pie filling and swirl the filling using a toothpick or wooden skewer.
- Bake 35 minutes. Remove from oven and cool.
- Refrigerate at least 3-4 hours. Serve!
You'll have some left over cherry pie filling I just serve that on the side.
Amount Per Serving Calories 455Total Fat 28gSaturated Fat 16gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 10gCholesterol 114mgSodium 320mgCarbohydrates 45gFiber 1gSugar 22gProtein 6g
Nutrition Disclaimer: All information presented on this site is intended for informational purposes only. I am not a certified nutritionist and any nutritional information shared on butteryourbiscuit.com should only be used as a general guideline.
8x8 pan or dish 🙂
What size pan did you use to make this recipe?
The cheery pie filling is baked but you can add it after its baked if you want. You just get swirls if you bake it. Hope this helps Grace 🙂
HELP! FIRST TIME Trying this right now
DOES cherry filing bake also? Or after ?
Not sure, Ive never made before, trying to follow recipe.