These cherry cheesecake bars are the perfect make ahead dessert. Buttery crust, creamy filling and topped with a sweet cherry sauce.
These cheesecake bars are perfect for Summer barbecues, parties or just when you're craving some cheesecake.
The filling for this cheesecake uses just a few simple ingredients and then you'll have a creamy, dreamy decadent dessert that everyone will crave!
Tips for making cherry cheesecake bars
- You can buy already crushed graham cracker crumbs or crush your own using a food processor
- Lay a piece of parchment paper in your baking pan to easily remove the bars.
- Make sure your cream cheese is room temperature or else you'll get small chunks of cream cheese that wont blend.
- Use a toothpick or skewer to make swirls with your cherry sauce, before baking.
- I like to serve any extra cherry filling on the side.
Tools used for this recipe
Whats the difference between New York Cheesecake and regular?
New York cheesecake made in a springform pan and baked in a water bath. Relies on heavy cream or sour cream which gives it a denser, smoother and creamier texture. Regular cheesecake is less dense and is lighter and fluffier texture, both cheesecakes have a buttery crust and are equally delicious!
This cheesecake recipe will easily satisfy your sweet craving but here are some more!
- Cheesecake Stuffed Strawberries
- Deep Dish Skillet Brookie
- Homemade Spiced Rum Cake
- Classic Carrot Cake
- Starbucks Copycat Banana Bread
- No Bake Mini Chocolate Tarts
- 1-1/2 cups graham cracker crumbs
- 5 tablespoon melted butter
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 2-8 ounce pkgs cream cheese at room temperature
- 1/3 cup sour cream
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 large egg
- 2 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 cups cherry pie filling
- Spray a baking pan with non stick spray, or use a piece of parchment paper for easy removal. Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- In a medium bowl add graham cracker crumbs, cinnamon and melted butter. Mix until combined.
- Press the crumbs into the pan and bake for 5 minutes. Remove and set aside.
- Reduce oven to 325 degrees.
- In a large bowl add softened cream cheese, using a hand mixer beat until smooth and creamy about 30 seconds. Add in sour cream, sugar, vanilla, egg and flour and beat until combined.
- Pour filling on top of graham cracker crust. Add spoonfuls of cherry pie filling and using a toothpick or wooden skewer swirl the filling around.
- Bake 35 minutes. Remove from oven and cool.
- Refrigerate at least 3-4 hours. Serve!
You'll have some left over cherry pie filling I just serve that on the side.