No-bake cherry cheesecake recipe is a light and refreshing easy dessert! Every bite is bursting with irresistible flavors. This post may contain affiliate links. Read my disclosure policy here.
It has a thick graham cracker crust and light creamy filling, impress your guests at your next dinner party or holiday gathering.
What's the difference between baked and no-bake cheesecake?
A baked cheesecake contains eggs and is generally baked in a water bath. My New York Cheesecake is amazing! The textures are different, the no-bake version is a lot softer. and lighter in texture, due to the mixed in whipped cream.
1. Heavy cream needs to be nice and cold, the colder it is the faster it will whip up.
2. Beating cold heavy whipping cream, into stiff peaks is an important step to ensure a thick cheesecake. (Do not use Cool Whip in its place)
3. Use full-fat cream cheese.
4. Make sure your cream cheese is room temperature, you don’t want any lumps of cream cheese in your batter.
5. Refrigerate the cheesecake for at least 6 hours but best overnight. A perfect make-ahead dessert!
6. Although a springform pan makes a gorgeous tall cheesecake you can also use a regular 9-inch deep-dish pie pan or even a 9x9 baking pan
7. Change up the flavors and use chocolate graham crackers for a delicious chocolatey crust.
8. Place a piece of parchment paper in the springform pan before adding the crust. This will make it much easier to remove the cheesecake from the metal bottom if desired.
Can you freeze cheesecake?
Yes, you can, once the cheesecake has been set up remove it from the springform pan. Wrap in 1 layer of plastic wrap, followed by a layer of foil. Freeze up to 3 months. Thaw in the refrigerator then add the desired topping and serve.
How long is cheesecake good for?
Covered tightly in an air-tight container this will keep for up to 5 days in the refrigerator.
Why is my cheesecake runny?
If your cheesecake doesn't firm up here are a few reasons why this could happen.
- You didn't let it chill long enough, 6 hours is the minimum but ideally overnight.
- You didn't whip the heavy cream long enough. Whip it until stiff peaks form and it becomes thick.
- Here is a how-to video for whipping the cream, just don't add in the sugar and vanilla, but you can get an idea of what it should look like.
Here are some different topping ideas
Fresh fruit like strawberries, raspberries, or blueberries. Any canned pie filling. A chocolate or caramel sauce is also delicious.
More easy no-bake desserts
- For the crust
- 2 1/2 cups graham cracker crumbs
- ½ cup butter, melted
- 1 tablespoon granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
For the filling
- 1 1/4 cup heavy whipping cream
- 3-8ounce cream cheese (room temperature)
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 can cherry pie filling
- Cool whip for topping if desired
- In a medium bowl add the graham cracker crumbs, melted butter, sugar, and cinnamon. Mix until combined and pour the mixture into an 8-inch springform pan. Press until firm and up the side about 1 inch. Place in the freezer for 15 minutes.
- In a large bowl add the heavy whipping cream and whip on high for 3-4 minutes until soft peaks form. Set aside.
- In another large bowl add the softened cream cheese, and sugar, using a hand or stand mixer mix until creamy. Add in lemon juice, sour cream, and vanilla and mix just until combined. (You don’t want to overmix)
- Using a spatula fold in the whipped cream just until combined. Spread the mixture into the springform pan and spread evenly with the spatula. Chill for at least 6 hours or overnight.
- Remove from the springform pan and decorate with cool whip and cherries.
Amount Per Serving Calories 492Total Fat 39gSaturated Fat 23gTrans Fat 1gUnsaturated Fat 12gCholesterol 108mgSodium 328mgCarbohydrates 32gFiber 1gSugar 21gProtein 6g
Nutrition Disclaimer: All information presented on this site is intended for informational purposes only. I am not a certified nutritionist and any nutritional information shared on butteryourbiscuit.com should only be used as a general guideline.