These adorable Polar Bear Cookies are a delicious festive treat!
These Polar Bear Cookies are almost to cute to eat! Have you done a lot of Holiday baking yet? It’s not to late transform this simple sandwich cookie into a festive little treat! Super easy and fun for the kiddos!
Not only are these cookies fun for kids of all ages. Perfect for a Holiday dessert plate or themed birthday or baby shower. Needing another quick and easy Holiday treat? Check out my Easy Rocky Road Fudge for another Holiday treat!
By placing a drop of melted chocolate on the Oreo frosting helps ensure the cookies stick back together.
The Chocolate Candy Melts you can find at your local craft store like Michaels, or grab them on Amazon here.
- Remove 12 melting discs and set aside
- Pour 10 melting discs into a small bowl, heat on high for 15 second intervals until melted
- Carefully open up your 12 Oreo cookies. Dip M&M's half way into the melted chocolate and place on cookies for the ears. Place a dab of melted chocolate on the Oreo frosting and put the top wafer cookie back on. (This just helps the cookie stick back together.) Place cookies on a backing sheet lined with parchment paper or a silicone liner.
- Put cookies in the freezer for 10 minutes making sure the ears have hardened.
- Add the rest of the chocolate disks to the bowl and heat on high for 1 minute. Stir and heat in 10 second intervals if needed until chocolate it melted.
- Dip the cookies one by one into the melted chocolate. Using a fork lift the cookie out and tap the fork on the bowl to get the extra frosting off. Place cookie on cookie sheet
- Before the chocolate sets place a reserved candy melt on the cookie and press very gently to form the muzzle. Place 2 candy eyes on. Put a small drop of chocolate on an M&M and place it on the chocolate disc.
- When all 12 cookies are completed place cookie sheet in freezer for 10 minutes to completely set up.
- Store these Polar Bear Oreo Cookies in an airtight container at room temperature for up to two weeks.
- *the coconut oil is optional but it does tend to make the chocolate more silky smooth when melted.