Slow cooker apple cider is a delicious cozy treat, and perfect for the Holidays.
Spices and citrus along with sweet apples, make the apple cider not only taste delicious but your house will smell amazing while its simmering.
What apples are best for apple cider?
Any apples will work fine. Some will just be a little more tart and would require more sugar to sweeten the cider, you can always add more sugar at the end if it is to tart for your liking.
Can I make this ahead of time and reheat when ready to use?
Yes absolutely! Either just put a mug of apple cider in the microwave, until heated through. Or heat a larger portion in a saucepan on low on the stove.
Tips for making apple cider
- The cranberries are optional, I just happen to have some extra from Thanksgiving so I threw them in.
- Star anise has a mild fragrance of licorice, but adds great flavor to the cider. Also makes a beautiful garnish.
- Adding the whole cloves to the orange slices just saves you time from having to fish them out before serving.
- Adding a splash or two or three of brandy makes an amazing cozy adult cocktail.
The cold weather makes you want to snuggle up with a cozy warm drink. Right? This apple cider is loved by kids and adults.
What goes with slow cooker apple cider?
- 4 pounds apples, cut into quarters (I used Gala and Honey Crisp)
- 1/2- 3/4 cup brown sugar depending on sweetness of the apples.
- 4 cinnamon sticks
- 1 tablespoon ground all spice
- 1 teaspoon whole cloves
- 4 star anise (optional)
- 1 cup cranberries
- 1 orange cut into slices
- 10 cups water
- In a small bowl mix the brown sugar and all spice until combined.
- Place cloves into the orange slices and set aside.
- Place all the ingredients into the slow cooker. Cook on low 6 hours or high 4 hours.
- After apples are soft mash all the contents with a potato masher. Squeezing out as mush juice as possible.
- Strain out the ingredients until you just have liquid. Serve warm
Store leftovers in refrigerator for up to 1 week or freeze for up to 3 months.
Amount Per Serving Calories 249Total Fat 1gSaturated Fat 0gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 0gCholesterol 0mgSodium 24mgCarbohydrates 65gFiber 7gSugar 54gProtein 1g
Nutrition Disclaimer: All information presented on this site is intended for informational purposes only. I am not a certified nutritionist and any nutritional information shared on butteryourbiscuit.com should only be used as a general guideline.