There is nothing better than these IHOP Copycat Pancakes on a lazy Saturday morning. Warm, fluffy with melted butter and warm maple syrup. Perfect breakfast right there!
I usually make a double batch and freeze them for a quick breakfast on those busy mornings. Just lay them out individually on a baking sheet, toss them in the freezer. Once frozen just put them in a Ziplock bag to enjoy later.
If your like me and never seem to have buttermilk on hand. Just add 1 tablespoon white vinegar, or lemon juice per 1 cup of milk. Let it set for 10 minutes, stir and you have a great substitute for buttermilk.
Just mix until combined, you never want to over mix pancake batter or else it will seize up and you will have what resembles rubber disks.
Items I used for this recipe:
More breakfast recipes to try:
- Bacon Egg and Cheese Biscuit
- Slow Cooker French Toast Casserole
- Buttermilk Biscuits with Honey Butter
- Sausage, Egg and Cheese Crescent Roll Ups
- IHOP Copycat Pancakes
- Loaded Breakfast Burrito
- Apple Pie Turnovers
- 1 1/4 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/4 cups buttermilk
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 tablespoons butter melted
- 3 tablespoons granulated sugar
- In a large bowl whisk together flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt.
- in a small bowl whisk together egg and buttermilk, then add vanilla and whisk until combined. Add the wet ingredients to the dry ingredients and mix just until combined. Add in melted butter and sugar and mix just until combined.
- Heat a skillet or griddle on medium low. Melt a little butter in the pan.
- Drop about 1/3 cup batter onto hot skillet, forming a 5-inch circles. Cook until bubble start to form and come to the surface about golden brown. Gently flip and continue to cook another 1-2 minutes more minutes.
- Serve with pats of butter and syrup.
Serving Size4 Servings
Amount Per Serving Calories 282Total Fat 8gSaturated Fat 5gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 3gCholesterol 65mgSodium 911mgCarbohydrates 43gFiber 1gSugar 13gProtein 8g
Nutrition Disclaimer: All information presented on this site is intended for informational purposes only. I am not a certified nutritionist and any nutritional information shared on butteryourbiscuit.com should only be used as a general guideline.