Breakfast crescent roll-ups are filling and oh so easy, and always a crowd-pleaser! Sausages wrapped in crescent rolls, with tender cheesy scrambled eggs. A perfect grab-and-go breakfast!
We may earn a small commission for purchases made through links in this post. Read our disclosure policy here.
Breakfast is my favorite meal of the day, and no need to run through the drive-thru on those busy weekday mornings. Just whip up these sausage, egg, and cheese breakfast crescent roll-ups. Or you try my Loaded Breakfast Burrito that's perfect for the freezer or my IHOP copycat pancakes!
why this recipe works
A deliciously flaky crescent roll stuffed with eggs, gooey cheese, and a sausage link, easy breakfast recipes for those busy mornings. Or perfect for a no-fuss easy breakfast on Christmas or Easter morning like my Sausage Crescent Roll Breakfast Casserole. I love easy recipes that are perfect for my large family, just like my Pinwheel Appetizers that we make often when we have game night.
Ingredients needed for a crescent roll breakfast
- Sausages: I used breakfast sausage links, but turkey sausage would also work.
- Crescent dough: Don't grab the full sheets.
- Milk: heavy cream will also work.
- Cheese- I use pepper jack cheese and cheddar, but you can certainly use your favorite.
- Chives: Green onions will also work.
- Parmesan cheese: Make sure you get the grated parmesan cheese.
How to make this crescent roll recipe
- Step 1: Heat a large skillet on medium-high heat and cook sausages until browned, remove from the skillet and set aside.
- Step 2: Heat a nonstick skillet on medium-low heat and add some butter, cook the egg mixture until you have fluffy eggs, and set aside.
- Step 3: Unroll the crescent roll dough into triangles and place on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper.
- Step 4: Add some eggs, sausage, and cheese to each triangle and roll them up.
- Step 5: Brushed reserved egg wash over the tops of crescent rolls.
- Step 6: Sprinkle a little parmesan cheese on top of each crescent and place them on a prepared baking sheet to bake until golden brown.
- You can use cooked bacon or even ham instead of sausage links if you prefer.
- Use the precooked breakfast sausage links for a shortcut.
- I use a mixture of pepper jack and cheddar cheese but whatever cheese is your favorite works here.
- Try mixing things up and adding some mushrooms to fresh spinach to the mixture.
They are similar to croissant rolls are much flakier and usually larger. Crescent roll dough is more fluffy with the appeal of homemade bread and makes a fantastic quick breakfast option..
Yes to some extent, I make the sausages and scrambled eggs and shred the cheese the night before. Then just pop open the package of crescent rolls and roll everything together, bake, and place it on your breakfast table. You might also love my Breakfast Quesadilla that can be prepared like this.
Yes, bake according to the recipe directions. Once cooled place them on a baking sheet and place them in the freezer to flash freeze. Once frozen place into a large ziplock freezer bag and freeze for up to 2 months. When ready to eat reheat in the microwave until warmed through for a delicious breakfast.
Store in an airtight container in the refrigerator for 2-3 days. Reheat in the microwave until warm.
Sausage, Egg, Cheese Breakfast Crescent Roll Ups
- 8 breakfast sausage links
- 1 can refrigerated crescent roll dough
- 4 eggs whisked reserve 1 tablespoon
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 tablespoon fresh chives thinly sliced
- 1 teaspoon milk
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1-1/2 cups cheese I used pepper jack and cheddar
- Parmesan cheese optional
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- Heat a skillet on medium heat and cook sausages for 10-12 minutes , remove to a paper towel.
- in a small bowl whisk eggs and teaspoon of milk together until combined.
- In a non stick skillet add butter, once melted add in whisked eggs and stir with a spatula until almost done, sprinkle with salt, pepper and chives. Remove from heat.
- Open crescent roll and lay each one out on a baking sheet. Add one sausage link, 1 tablespoon scrambled egg and a large pinch of cheese. Roll crescent up and keep on the baking sheet.
- Brush reserved egg over top of crescents, sprinkle with Parmesan cheese if desired.
- Bake for 18-20 minutes or until golden brown.