This Chicken Enchilada Soup is packed full of flavor, and a delicious meal everybody will love!
Everything you love about chicken enchiladas in one bowl! Loaded with chicken, green chilis, beans and lots of cheese! This soup is a big bowl of comfort food, topped with all your favorites.
I love using my cast iron dutch oven for soups or braising meats in the oven. But this chicken enchilada soup can also be made in the slow cooker if you choose.
If you have any leftovers it freezes perfectly, I like to use these 32oz Plastic Deli Containers to freeze my soups in, perfect 2-4 servings.
Masa Harina is a fine corn flour for homemade tortillas or tamales also helps thicken this soup and gives it a very authentic flavor. Usually located with the flour in your local grocery store.
More hearty comfort soups you might like
- Loaded Potato soup
- Slow Cooker Bean and Bacon Soup
- Sweet Corn Chowder
- Copycat Panera Broccoli Cheddar Soup
- New England Clam Chowder
- Ribeye Steak Chili
- Roasted Poblano Pepper Beef Chili
Toppings for enchilada soup
- tortilla chips
- sour cream
- 3 cups diced cooked chicken
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 small onion diced
- 3 garlic cloves minced
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 7 cups chicken stock
- 1 cup Masa Harina
- 1 (15 oz) cans mild enchilada sauce
- 2 cans black beans
- 1 (7 oz) can green chili peppers
- 6 oz cream cheese softened
- 4 cups shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- tortilla strips
- sour cream
- In a medium bowl add masa and 3 cups chicken stock and whisk until combined and set aside.
- Heat a large dutch oven or pot on medium heat, add olive oil and onions and cook for a couple of minutes. Add garlic and cook another minute. Add in salt, chili powder, and cumin and give it a stir.
- Add the Masa mixture and the rest of the chicken stock, enchilada sauce, cream cheese, peppers, black beans chicken, and cheddar cheese. Mix until combined, place the lid on and simmer 15 minutes or until cheese is melted.
- Add salt and pepper to taste and serve with your favorite toppings.
Serving Size6 Servings
Amount Per Serving Calories 1233Total Fat 79gSaturated Fat 38gTrans Fat 2gUnsaturated Fat 32gCholesterol 242mgSodium 2691mgCarbohydrates 61gFiber 12gSugar 16gProtein 72g
Nutrition Disclaimer: All information presented on this site is intended for informational purposes only. I am not a certified nutritionist and any nutritional information shared on butteryourbiscuit.com should only be used as a general guideline.