These Crispy Baked Coconut Shrimp are perfect for a main dish or a tempting appetizer!
These Crispy Fried Coconut Shrimp are absolute perfection! Super crunchy jumbo shrimp, with a slight sweetness from the coconut. Dipped in creamy Sriracha sauce, I guarantee they will be devoured quickly.
This Crispy Fried Coconut Shrimp is super easy to make. The prep time takes the longest. I usually prep them ahead of time and put the in the refrigerator until ready to fry. I always fry them in my Cast Iron Skillet, but I use it for everything!
They are perfect as the star of a meal, or a side dish with my Filet Mignon with Garlic Herb Butter. Or they make a fantastic appetizer. You really can’t go wrong.
I always have shrimp on hand, it makes a quick delicious meal. Perfect for those busy week night dinners, my Shrimp with Hot Garlic Sauce comes together super fast and is better than any take-out!
This Sriracha Mayo dipping sauce is everything. I could seriously lick the bowl clean. But you could also use a sweet chili sauce or even cocktail sauce.
- 1 1/2 pounds jumbo shrimp (16-20 count)
- 1/2 cup cornstarch
- 1/4 cup coconut milk
- 1 egg
- 1 cup Panko bread crumbs
- 1 1/2 cups sweetened shredded coconut
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 cup mayo
- 1 tablespoon Sriracha
- juice of 1 lime
- In a small bowl mix mayo, sriracha and lime and whisk until combined. Refrigerate until ready to use.
- Add cornstarch to another small bowl
- In a small bowl add egg and coconut milk and whisk until combined.
- In another small bowl add coconut and Panko bread crumbs, paprika, garlic powder and salt. Mix well
- Dip shrimp one at a time into the cornstarch, then egg mixture and them coconut mixture. Place on a baking sheet and repeat until all shrimp are done.
- In a large skillet or dutch oven heat 2 inches of frying oil to 350 degrees. Add shrimp a few at a time, cook for 2 minutes then flip and cook another 2 minutes. Remove and drain on a paper towel.
- Serve with a side of Sriracha sauce. Enjoy!
Amount Per Serving Calories 759 Total Fat 38g Saturated Fat 16g Trans Fat 0g Unsaturated Fat 21g Cholesterol 417mg Sodium 2728mg Carbohydrates 56g Net Carbohydrates 0g Fiber 5g Sugar 15g Sugar Alcohols 0g Protein 46g