These Crispy Baked Coconut Shrimp are perfect for a main dish or a tempting appetizer!
These Crispy Fried Coconut Shrimp are absolute perfection! Super crunchy jumbo shrimp, with a slight sweetness from the coconut. Dipped in creamy Sriracha sauce, I guarantee they will be devoured quickly.
This Crispy Fried Coconut Shrimp is super easy to make. The prep time takes the longest. I usually prep them ahead of time and put the in the refrigerator until ready to fry. I always fry them in my Cast Iron Skillet, but I use it for everything!
They are perfect as the star of a meal, or as a side dish with my Filet Mignon with Garlic Herb Butter. Or they make a fantastic appetizer. You really can't go wrong.
I always have shrimp on hand, it makes a quick delicious meal. Perfect for those busy weeknight dinners, my Shrimp with Hot Garlic Sauce comes together super fast and is better than any take-out!
This Sriracha Mayo dipping sauce is everything. I could seriously lick the bowl clean. But you could also use a sweet chili sauce or even cocktail sauce.
- 1 1/2 pounds jumbo shrimp (16-20 count)
- 1/2 cup cornstarch
- 1/4 cup coconut milk
- 1 egg
- 1 cup Panko bread crumbs
- 1 1/2 cups sweetened shredded coconut
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 cup mayo
- 1 tablespoon Sriracha
- juice of 1 lime
- In a small bowl mix mayo, sriracha and lime and whisk until combined. Refrigerate until ready to use.
- Add cornstarch to another small bowl
- In a small bowl add egg and coconut milk and whisk until combined.
- In another small bowl add coconut and Panko bread crumbs, paprika, garlic powder and salt. Mix well
- Dip shrimp one at a time into the cornstarch, then egg mixture and them coconut mixture. Place on a baking sheet and repeat until all shrimp are done.
- In a large skillet or dutch oven heat 2 inches of frying oil to 350 degrees. Add shrimp a few at a time, cook for 2 minutes then flip and cook another 2 minutes. Remove and drain on a paper towel.
- Serve with a side of Sriracha sauce. Enjoy!
Amount Per Serving Calories 759Total Fat 38gSaturated Fat 16gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 21gCholesterol 417mgSodium 2728mgCarbohydrates 56gFiber 5gSugar 15gProtein 46g
Nutrition Disclaimer: All information presented on this site is intended for informational purposes only. I am not a certified nutritionist and any nutritional information shared on butteryourbiscuit.com should only be used as a general guideline.