Mini corn dog muffins are a perfect quick and easy weeknight meal, game day food, or party snack.
This post may contain affiliate links. Read my disclosure policy here.
If you love corndogs your going to love these mini corndog muffins. Buttery and moist on the inside yet golden and crispy on the outside. Perfect size for little hands but hearty enough for adults.
How to store these mini muffins
These mini corn dog muffins will stay fresh in a ziplock bag or container in the refrigerator for 4-5 days.
Can I freeze mini corn dog muffins?
Yes, freeze in a ziplock freezer bag (so they are easy to remove a few at a time) for up to 2 months. Warm in the microwave or in a 350 degree oven for 5 minutes.
Tips for making mini corn dog muffins
- Don't over-mix the batter.
- Spray the mini muffins tins well with nonstick cooking spray.
- I use a cookie scoop to add the batter to the tins.
- Any hot dog will due to even turkey. I use Nathan's or Ball Park beef franks.
- Little Smokies are delicious in these cornbread muffins.
- These muffins are perfect for school lunches.
- Dip them in ketchup, mustard, or even honey mustard.
Can I bake full-size muffins?
Yes add 2-3 hot dog pieces to each muffin and bake at 400 degrees for 13-15 minutes.
What to serve with mini corndog muffins
- Stovetop Macaroni and Cheese
- Roasted Poblano Pepper Beef Chili
- Deviled Egg Macaroni Salad
- Slow Cooker Bean and Bacon Soup
- Sweet n Spicy Baked Beans
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 cup yellow cornmeal
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 1 cup buttermilk
- ½ cup unsalted butter
- 1/3 cup honey
- 2 eggs
- 6 hot dogs, cut into 1-inch pieces
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Spray a mini muffin tin with cooking spray. Be sure to coat each cup.
- In a large bowl, combine flour cornmeal baking soda salt, and whisk until mixed. Whisk in the buttermilk, butter, honey, and eggs just until combined.
- Fill each muffin tin about 1/2 full and place a hotdog piece in the center
- Bake for 8-10 minutes, or until golden brown
- Serve with ketchup or mustard.
You can make buttermilk by adding 1 tablespoon white vinegar or lemon juice to 1 cup up milk. Let sit for 2-3 minutes and stir.
You should get 4-5 1 inch pieces out of a hot dog
Serving Size1 muffin
Amount Per Serving Calories 107Total Fat 6gSaturated Fat 3gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 3gCholesterol 26mgSodium 143mgCarbohydrates 10gFiber 0gSugar 4gProtein 3g
Nutrition Disclaimer: All information presented on this site is intended for informational purposes only. I am not a certified nutritionist and any nutritional information shared on butteryourbiscuit.com should only be used as a general guideline.