This Peach-Chipotle Baked Chicken with Coconut Rice is pure perfection! The spicy, sticky glaze is absolutely delicious!
Peach and chipotle baked chicken with coconut rice is Ah-Mazing! It’s sweet and smoky and every bite is a party in your mouth. Guaranteed to be a new family favorite!
Tips for making peach chipotle baked chicken
- I usually line my baking sheet with foil or you can spray some cooking spray before adding the chicken and sauce. It makes the clean up so much easier.
- Place your leftover chipotle in adobo sauce in a ziplock freezer bag and freeze. Then when you need it just cut off a chuck and heat in the microwave.
- Marinate overnight for the best flavor.
- You can also substitute chicken breasts for thighs if you prefer. Although you may have to cut back on the cooking time by 5-8 minutes.
- These chicken thighs can also be grilled although you will miss out on the delicious sauce it makes when it bakes.
- You can substitute the peach preserves for apricot or even mango preserves.
Coconut rice is easy to make only takes a few basic ingredients that are easy to keep on hand so you can make it any time.
Tips for coconut rice
- Use Jasmine rice it offers the best flavor.
- Bring liquids to a boil, then reduce to simmer.
- Once the time is up turn off the heat and leave the lid on for 10 minutes.
Check out some of my other chicken recipes!
- 3 lbs boneless skinless chicken thighs
- 3/4 cup peach preserves
- 1-2 tablespoons Chipotle in adobo sauce diced
- 1 tablespoon freshly grated ginger
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 4 cloves garlic minced
- 1/4 cup cilantro chopped
- 1 teaspoon salt
- Green onions sliced
- 1 15 oz can coconut milk
- 1/2 cup water
- 2 cups Jasmine rice
- 1 teaspoon salt
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees
- Place chicken in a large ziplock freezer bag or container.
- In a medium bowl mix peach preserves, chipotle. ginger, soy sauce, garlic, cilantro, and salt. Add marinade to the chicken. Refrigerate for 6 hours or overnight for best flavor.
- Place chicken and marinade on a large foil-lined baking sheet, to make for easy cleanup. Or spray a 9x13 baking dish with cooking spray. Place chicken and marinade on the baking sheet or dish.
- Bake 25-30 minutes or until chicken reaches 165 degrees.
- Switch the oven to broil the last 5 minutes if you want to get the top a little charred. Just watch closely so it doesn't burn.
- For the Coconut Rice
- In a medium saucepan whisk in the coconut milk, water, salt, and Jasmine rice. Let it come to a boil, whisking a few times. Reduce heat to lowest setting, cover, and cook for 18 minutes. Remove from heat and let sit covered for 10 minutes. Fluff with a fork.
- Serve chicken with rice and garnish with green onions.
Place the leftover chipotle in adobo sauce in a freezer bag for another recipe.
You can also use apricot preserves.
Amount Per Serving Calories 763Total Fat 40gSaturated Fat 20gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 18gCholesterol 277mgSodium 1666mgCarbohydrates 45gFiber 2gSugar 20gProtein 62g
Nutrition Disclaimer: All information presented on this site is intended for informational purposes only. I am not a certified nutritionist and any nutritional information shared on butteryourbiscuit.com should only be used as a general guideline.