This Peach-Chipotle Baked Chicken with Coconut Rice is pure perfection! The spicy, sticky glaze is absolutely delicious!
Peach and chipotle baked chicken with coconut rice is Ah-Mazing! It’s sweet and smoky and every bite is a party in your mouth. Sure to be a new forever favorite!
We eat a lot of rice, but I had never had coconut rice before. Boy have I been missing out, like big time. I think because I am not a huge fan of sweet coconut I always turned away from it. But coconut milk isn’t sweet, and adds the perfect amount of creaminess to the rice.
I usually line my baking sheet with foil or you can spray some cooking spray before adding the chicken and sauce. It makes the clean up so much easier.
This is really a versatile recipe, I like to use boneless skinless chicken thighs, but you could use chicken breasts too. You just may have to cut back a bit on the cooking time depending on how thick they are. You could even grill these if you want to, either way this recipe is definitely a must try!
I love using chicken thighs they are really hard to mess up. Whether you grill them, or bake them they always turn out juicy and flavorful.
Check out my other thigh recipes!
- 3 lbs boneless skinless chicken thighs
- 3/4 cup peach preserves
- 4 tablespoons Chipotle in adobo sauce diced
- 1 tablespoon freshly grated ginger
- 3 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- green onions
- 1/4 cup cilantro
- 1/2 cup chopped peanuts
- 1 15 oz can coconut milk
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 1/2 cups Jasmine rice
- 1 teaspoon salt
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees
- Place chicken in a large ziplock freezer bag or container.
- In a medium bowl mix peach preserves, chipotle. ginger, soy sauce and salt. Add marinade to the chicken. Refrigerate 6 hours or overnight for best flavor.
- Place chicken and marinade on a large foil lined baking sheet, to make for an easy clean up.
- Bake 25-30 minutes or until chicken reaches 165 degrees.
- Switch the oven to broil the last 5 minutes if you want to get the top a little charred. Just watch closely so it doesn't burn.
- For the Coconut Rice
- In a medium saucepan whisk in the milk water and salt and Jasmine rice. Let it come to a boil, whisking a few times. Reduce heat to low, cover and cook for 18-20 minutes. Or until liquid is absorbed, remove from heat and let sit covered for 5-10 minutes. Fluff with fork.
- Serve chicken with rice and garnish with green onions, cilantro and peanuts
Place the left over chipotle in adobo sauce in a freezer bag for another recipe.
Amount Per Serving Calories 763Total Fat 40gSaturated Fat 20gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 18gCholesterol 277mgSodium 1666mgCarbohydrates 45gFiber 2gSugar 20gProtein 62g