Honey Garlic Roasted Carrots are delicious, tender, and tossed in a sweet honey garlic butter sauce. We may get commissions for purchases made through links in this post. Read our disclosure policy here.
These honey garlic roasted carrots are cooked to perfection. This is a perfect side dish to my Garlic Herb Turkey Breast, Slow Cooker Honey-glazed Ham, or my Herb-Crusted Rib-Eye Roast. Roasting vegetables is my favorite way to cook them. It always brings out the best flavor. Especially carrots, roasting just intensifies the flavor and makes them sweeter.
Let's take a quick look at the ingredients
Scroll down to the bottom for the printable recipe!
How to make Honey Garlic Roasted Carrots?
Step 1: Peel and cut the carrots: Peel and cut into 3-inch chunks. Cut the thick chunks in half.
Step 2: Melt the butter: In a large oven-safe skillet melt the butter.
Step 3: Add in garlic and honey: Whisk in minced garlic and honey.
Step 4: Add in carrots: Toss the carrots with the honey butter garlic mixture until coated.
Step 5: Bake until tender, then broil to caramelize if desired.
Step 6: Garnish with fresh chopped parsley.
1. I like to use a cast-iron skillet and then put it straight into the oven. If you don't have an oven-safe skillet transfer it to a baking dish.
2. Try and keep your carrots the same size for even cooking.
3. I don't recommend using baby carrots they dont have as much flavor as whole carrots.
Can I prepare these ahead of time?
Yes, Making these honey garlic roasted carrots ahead of time, is a huge time saver. You can reheat them in the microwave or a 300-degree oven for 15 minutes.
How to store roasted carrots
Store in an airtight container for 2-3 days in the refrigerator.
- 2 pounds carrots cut into 3 inch pieces
- 1/2 cup butter
- 2 tablespoon honey
- 4 garlic cloves minced
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon fresh ground pepper
- Fresh parsley
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees
- In a oven safe skillet melt butter. Add in honey and garlic and whisk until combined.
- Add in carrots and toss to coat.
- Bake in oven for 25 minutes or until carrots are fork tender.
- Optional- Broil for 3-4 minutes to caramelize the carrots a bit.
- Sprinkle with chopped parsley.
If you don't have an oven-safe skillet. Melt butter and saute garlic in skillet. Place carrots in a baking dish and pour garlic butter and honey over the carrots and toss. Bake as directed.
Serving Size6 Servings
Amount Per Serving Calories 213Total Fat 16gSaturated Fat 10gTrans Fat 1gUnsaturated Fat 5gCholesterol 41mgSodium 404mgCarbohydrates 19gFiber 5gSugar 11gProtein 1g