This Turkey French Dip Sandwich is perfect to use up that leftover Thanksgiving turkey or roast a breast for a comforting hot sandwich. Definitely a keeper.
This Turkey French Dip Sandwich is delicious and easy. Perfect for leftover Thanksgiving turkey or roast a turkey breast when your craving that perfect hot sandwich any time of year. These babies have tender turkey on a crusty roll with melted provolone cheese and a side of delicious gravy to dip each bit into.
Every Thanksgiving I roast the biggest turkey I can find, I usually shoot for about 24 pounds. Mostly because I want to feast on those delicious sandwiches for the next couple days.
I like to use Herb De Provence in my poultry but if you don’t have that rosemary and thyme will do just fine.
I love sandwiches, I could eat one everyday and never get sick of them. Another one of out families favorites is my Slow Cooker French Dip Sandwiches.
- 3 pound ( half bone-in turkey breast)
- 2 tablespoons softened butter
- 2 garlic cloves minced
- 1 tablespoon Herbs De Provence (or 1 teaspoon rosemary 1 teaspoon thyme)
- ½ teaspoon kosher salt
- ¼ teaspoon fresh ground pepper
- 6 slices Provolone cheese
- 4-6 crusty rolls
- For the gravy
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 2 cups chicken or turkey stock
- Salt pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees
- For the Turkey In a small bowl mix together the softened butter, garlic and Herb De Provence, salt and pepper and set aside.
- In a cast iron skillet or oven safe skillet place turkey breasts skin side up and rub the butter mixture all over and under the skin.
- Bake turkey for 15 minutes, then reduce heat to 350 degrees and bake another 40 minutes or until internal temp is 165 degrees
- Remove and let rest 15 minutes
- For the Gravy
- In the same skillet on medium high heat, add butter and whisk until melted. Add flour and whisk until a paste is formed that will thicken the gravy. Mix in chicken stock and let simmer until thickened. Add salt and pepper to taste.