Air fryer taco pockets are a quick and easy dinner. Everything you love about taco night, all tucked into a soft crescent roll and air-fried to perfection! This post may contain affiliate links. Read my disclosure policy here.
Taco filling with lots of gooey cheese and sweet corn fill these crescent roll pockets. They are air-fried and served with lettuce, tomatoes, salsa, and sour cream.
What is an air fryer?
An air fryer is a countertop convection oven. I have a Cosori and I love it! It circulates hot air at a high speed producing a crips brown product. Great for quick and easy dinners or simply reheating leftovers.
What do I need to get started?
- Refrigerated roll of crescent dough
- Ground beef
- Chili powder
- Garlic Salt
- You can use ground turkey or even ground chicken instead of ground beef if you prefer.
- Let the meat cool down a bit before adding it to the crescent dough.
- I like to use a mixture of pepper jack and cheddar, but you can use whatever cheese you prefer.
- Make sure crescent rolls are completely sealed.
- If you happen to have leftover taco meat this is a great way to use it.
How to make air fryer taco pockets
- Cut the crescent roll into four rectangles. Divide the meat mixture evenly and top with the rest of the cheese.
- Pull up the corner and edges and twist them together in the center.
- Place the pockets in a preheated air fryer and fry for 10 minutes.
- Flip the pockets over, spray cooking spray and cook for an additional 8 minutes.
- Serve with your favorite toppings.
Can I bake these in the oven?
Yes of course. Bake in a preheated 350-degree oven for 12-15 minutes or until golden brown.
How do I store them?
Store leftovers in an airtight container in the refrigerator for 3-4 days.
Can I freeze them?
Yes bake them as directed, let them cool completely and wrap each pocket in plastic wrap, and place them in a ziplock freezer bag. Thaw in the refrigerator overnight and reheat.
How do I reheat them?
Reheat in the air fryer for 2-3 minutes.
Reheat in a 350 degrees oven for 5-7 minutes or until heated through
More Air Fryer Recipes
Air Fryer Taco Pockets
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 cup onion diced
- 1 cup corn fresh, or frozen
- 1 1/2 cups salsa
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon Paprika
- 1 1/2 cups cheese
- 2-8 ounce tube refrigerated crescent sheet
- Non stick cooking spray
- 1 cup shredded lettuce
- 1 sliced jalapeno
- 1 cup tomato diced
- ¼ cup sour cream
- Fresh chopped cilantro
- Cook the hamburger in a skillet over medium heat. Add the onions and cook till the hamburger is totally cooked.
- Add the corn, ⅓ cup salsa, chili powder, garlic salt, cumin, and 1/2 cup cheese. Stir well. Let this cool to lukewarm.
- Unroll the crescent sheet (if using the crescent rolls, pinch all seams closed well).
- Cut sheet in fourths.
- Place a couple of tablespoons in the center of each piece. Sprinkle with cheese.
- Pull up the corners and edges and twist them together.
- Preheat the air fryer.
- Spray the basket with nonstick cooking spray. Place the pockets in the air fryer basket and place the basket in the air fryer.
- Set the air fryer temperature to 300° and bake for 12-15 minutes.
- Use a spatula to remove the hot taco pockets from the air fryer.
- Serve with chopped lettuce, tomato, sour cream, salsa, jalapeno slices and cilantro.