These Spicy Shrimp Ramen Bowls have tender shrimp, crisp veggies and spicy Sriracha!
Fall is here and that would mean soup season is here too. Hot bowls of soup on chilly nights…Mmmmm These spicy shrimp Ramen bowls are super simple to make, comes together in about 20 minutes.
As a kid I don’t ever remember having Ramen noodles, I think I first had them after I got married. They were just ok for me, but my kids always loved it. Making it with the fresh veggies and shrimp turns it into yummy noodle goodness. You will never go back to the plain Ramen with just the seasoning packet after you try this.
- 3 pkgs ramen, seasoning packet discarded
- 1 1/2 lbs med-large shrimp peeled and deveined
- 6 cups chicken, vegetable or seafood stock
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1-2 tablespoons sriracha, depending on your heat level
- 3 tablespoons soy sauce
- 3 cloves garlic minced
- 1 teaspoon grated fresh ginger
- 1 1/2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 cups shredded green cabbage
- 3/4 cup carrots thinly sliced
- 3/4 cup sweet peppers thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup onion thinly sliced
- juice of 1 lime
- In a skillet on medium heat add 1 tablespoon olive oil. Add shrimp, season with salt and pepper and cook for 1-2 minutes on each side or until firm and pink. Set aside
- In a large pot on medium-high heat add 1 tablespoon olive oil. Add carrots, onions, cabbage and peppers and cook for 2-3 minutes add garlic and ginger cook another minute. Add stock, soy sauce, brown sugar, lime juice, and sriracha mix until combined. Bring to a rapid boil then reduce heat to medium and let simmer for 8 minutes.
- Add the dry ramen noodles to the broth and cook for another 2-3 minutes. Remove from heat and serve into bowls, add in shrimp and garnish with cilantro.
**If you don't plan on eating this right away make the ramen noodles separately then add them together as served. The noodles soak up the broth and become more soggy if they sit for a long time.
Serving Size4 Servings
Amount Per Serving Calories 555Total Fat 22gSaturated Fat 7.2gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 38gCholesterol 14mgSodium 2643mgCarbohydrates 70gFiber 9gSugar 17gProtein 20g
Nutrition Disclaimer: All information presented on this site is intended for informational purposes only. I am not a certified nutritionist and any nutritional information shared on butteryourbiscuit.com should only be used as a general guideline.