This Shrimp with Hot Garlic Sauce is delicious and healthy and can be on the table in 30 minutes!
This Shrimp with Hot Garlic Sauce is AH-Mazing! A dish packed with tons of flavor and delicious vegetables and comes together in a matter of minutes.
Whenever I see that Jumbo shrimp has gone on sale I always try and stock up the freezer. There are so many quick meals to use with it. Its great for those days when you forgot to take anything out to thaw, shrimp thaws in minutes in a bowl of cold water.
Looking for some more shrimp recipes to try?
- Crispy Fried Coconut Shrimp
- Spicy Shrimp Ramen Bowls
- Crispy Shrimp Tacos
- Cajun Shrimp Avocado Tostadas
- Spicy Cajun Shrimp Fajitas
Shrimp in Hot Garlic Sauce is always my go to choice for Chinese take out. I have been trying to re create it for a few months now, and this recipe is pretty darn close. Served over a big ole bowl of steamy white rice…YUM!
- 1 lb jumbo shrimp peeled, deveined and tails removed
- ½ onion thinly sliced
- ½ red pepper thinly sliced
- 1 cup sugar snap peas
- 1 large carrot peeled and cut into matchstick sizes
- 1 8 oz can water chestnuts
- 5 cloves garlic minced (about 3 tablespoons)
- 1 tablespoon fresh ginger grated or minced
- 1 cup chicken stock
- ¼ cup soy sauce
- 1½ tablespoon cornstarch
- 1 tablespoon rice wine vinegar
- 3 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1-2 teaspoon garlic chili sauce or red pepper flakes
- 3 tablespoon vegetable oil
- green onions for garnish
- In a medium bowl add stock, soy sauce, cornstarch, vinegar, brown sugar, ginger and chili garlic sauce. Whisk until combined.
- Heat a large cast iron skillet or heavy bottom pan to medium high, add 1 tablespoon oil and add shrimp and cook for 2 minutes then flip and cook another 2 minutes. Remove and set aside.
- Add 2 tablespoon oil and add carrots, onions, red peppers, snap peas cook 3-4 minutes until softened. Add water chestnuts and garlic, cook another minute.
- Give sauce another whisk in the bowl to make sure the cornstarch hasn't settled to the bottom. Then add it to the veggie mixture, reduce heat to low, add shrimp back in, stir and cook about another minute until thickened.
- Serve over rice, garnish with green onions. Serves 4