This Creamy Lemon Garlic Shrimp Pasta is a bright and flavorful dish. That uses only simple ingredients and comes together in just 30 minutes.
We may earn a small commission for purchases made through links in this post. Read our disclosure policy here.
Shrimp dishes are always a huge hit in our house, lemon, garlic, and butter are three bright flavors that blend so well. Whether it is an appetizer like my Sweet and Spicy Bacon Wrapped Shrimp. Or a quick and easy weeknight meal or date night this one does not disappoint! Not a fan of shrimp? My Creamy Cheesy Chicken Tetrazzini also makes a quick and easy meal for entertaining.
Why this recipe works
Shrimp is a fast-cooking protein that makes a quick and easy special occasion or perfect weeknight meal the whole family will love like my Easy Chicken with Cream Sauce. This lemon shrimp pasta has the perfect balance of citrus, butter, and parmesan.
Ingredients for this recipe
- Shrimp-Both frozen or fresh shrimp will work fine. Frozen will of course have to be thawed.
- Pasta-I use thin spaghetti but Linguine also works great here.
- Butter- Your choice of salted or unsalted butter.
- Garlic- Fresh minced garlic works best here.
- Parmesan cheese-Fresh grated parmesan works best, not the stuff in the green can.
- White wine- Any dry white wine will work, I use a Sauvignon Blanc or Chardonnay, or even Pinot Grigio.
- Lemon- Fresh lemon juice is always preferred.
How to make this recipe
Step 1- Saute shrimp in a large skillet with olive oil on medium-high heat until pink, remove.
Step 2- Melt butter, add garlic, add cornstarch and whisk in wine and let simmer.
Step 3- Pour in cream and lemon, and whisk in parmesan cheese.
Step 4- Add the cooked pasta and shrimp and toss until combined.
Tips for making creamy lemon shrimp pasta
- You'll want al dente pasta for this recipe, it will cook a bit more in the sauce.
- I like to use large shrimp for this recipe, and I leave the tails on. Not only does it add flavor while cooking but the presentation looks beautiful.
- Any dry white wine will work just fine. You can substitute for vegetable or seafood broth if you want to leave the wine out.
- Our favorite pasta for the recipe is thin spaghetti. Linguine or angel hair pasta will also work just fine.
- If you're not a fan of lemon flavor then just add a tablespoon of lemon juice at a time, you can always go back and add more if you feel it needs it.
This pasta dish can be made with the shrimp tails left on or removed. Leaving the tails on adds lots of good flavor to the shrimp and they look much prettier when cooked.
You can really use any size of shrimp. I prefer 16/20 Jumbo.
Store leftovers in an airtight container for up to 3 days in the refrigerator.
I usually pair this shrimp pasta recipe with a crisp salad and some crusty bread, to make it a complete meal.
More shrimp recipes you'll love
MAKE SURE TO FOLLOW ME ON FACEBOOK, INSTAGRAM, AND PINTEREST FOR ALL MY LATEST RECIPES.
Creamy Lemon Garlic Shrimp Pasta
Lemon garlic shrimp pasta is an easy dish with fresh ingredients. Perfect for entertaining or a weeknight meal.
- 8 ounces thin spaghetti (or any other long pasta)
- 1 pound large shrimp. peeled and deveined (leaving tails on optional)
- 2 tablespoon olive oil
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 5 cloves garlic finely diced
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 1/2 cup dry white wine
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 1/4 cups heavy whipping cream
- 2-3 tablespoons fresh squeezed lemon juice
- 1 cup finely shredded Parmesan
- 3 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley for garnish
- In a large pot bring salted water to a boil and add pasta. Cook according to the directions on the package.
- In a large skillet heat olive oil. Add shrimp sprinkle with salt and pepper and cook 2-3 minutes, flip and cook another 2-3 minutes. Remove to a small bowl and set aside
- Add butter to skillet, over medium-high heat, and add garlic. and cook for 1-2 minutes. Add in the cornstarch and whisk. Reduce heat and whisk in white wine, and simmer for 2-3 minutes.
- Pour in the cream, and lemon juice, whisk and bring back to a low simmer.
- Whisk in parmesan cheese until combined.
- Add cooked pasta and add the shrimp toss together. Sprinkle fresh chopped parsley on top.
Amount Per Serving Calories 487Total Fat 33gSaturated Fat 18gTrans Fat 1gUnsaturated Fat 13gCholesterol 240mgSodium 1180mgCarbohydrates 17gFiber 1gSugar 2gProtein 26g
Nutrition Disclaimer: All information presented on this site is intended for informational purposes only. I am not a certified nutritionist and any nutritional information shared on butteryourbiscuit.com should only be used as a general guideline.
Yay Valerie, so happy you loved it 🙂
Made this the other night for dinner. It was good--definitely a keeper.
I just made this for tonight’s dinner and it was amazing! My whole family loved it!
I made this and it was delicious, I added mushrooms and it was a nice addition.
Yay Elle, So glad you loved it, thanks for coming back here to let me know 🙂
Just made this for dinner. It was a success. Everyone loved it. So easy to make. Thank you for sharing.
Yay! So glad you loved it Katelynn!
So yummy!! And super easy to make!
This looks so good! And it uses stuff I generally keep on hand. Love it!