This Filet Mignon with Garlic Herb Butter is easy and tastes absolutely phenomenal! Tender, juicy, and seared to perfection. We may get commissions for purchases made through links in this post. Read our disclosure policy here.
This Filet Mignon with Garlic Herb Butter absolutely melts in your mouth. Cooking it in a hot pan and finishing it in the oven will give you the best filet you ever had. So easy to do, super tender, flavorful, and delicious!
Let's take a quick look at the ingredients!
Scroll down to the bottom for the full printable recipe!
1. Make sure you let your steak come to room temperature.
2. Use a heavy pan such as cast iron to get the highest heat for the searing and forming the best crust.
3. Let the meat rest for 5 minutes before slicing.
4. Your steak will continue to cook and the temperature will rise about another 5 degrees as it rests.
What equipment do I need?
Cast iron skillets are the best for this steak because it gets so hot and gives them such a great sear. They are fairly cheap and will last forever. Using a good Meat thermometer will help you achieve the right cooking temp for your preference.
What is filet mignon?
It's a steak that's cut from the tenderloin. The tenderloin is the most tender cut of meat. It can range in all different thicknesses. Its best cooked in a hot pan and often finished in the over.
Rare - 120-125F
medium rare - 130-135F
medium - 140-145F,
medium well - 150-155F
well done - 160-165F
The garlic herb butter is such a perfect combo to top this filet off with. You could cut the garlic herb butter in half, depending on how many steaks you make. Or make my Garlic Herb Compound Butter and freeze it so you always have it on hand.
So many endless possibilities with what you can add to this butter to make it even more delicious!
What side dishes go with filet mignon?
- 2-4 (8-ounce) Filet Mignon steaks, about 1 1/2 inch thick
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 tablespoon butter
- 2 teaspoons kosher salt
- fresh ground pepper
- fresh chopped parsley
For the Garlic Herb Butter
- 1/2 cup butter softened
- 2 teaspoon fresh rosemary
- 1 tablespoon fresh thyme
- 2 garlic cloves minced
- Remove steaks from the refrigerator and let them come to room temperature for about 30 minutes. Season both sides with salt and pepper.
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees
- Heat a cast-iron or oven-safe skillet on high heat add olive oil and butter, once butter is melted and done foaming add steaks. Cook for 2 minutes then flip and cook another 2 minutes, this gives the Filets a nice brown sear. Place pan in the oven and cook for 7-8 minutes or until desired doneness. Using a meat thermometer you can check the temp. Rare - 120-125F, medium rare - 130-135F, medium - 140-145F, medium well - 150-155F and well done - 160-165F.
- In a small bowl add butter, herbs, and garlic and mix until combined. Place mixed butter on a piece of plastic wrap roll and twist the ends. Store in refrigerator until ready to use.
- Remove the skillet from the oven and add the garlic herb butter and let rest for 5 minutes. Serve garnish with fresh parsley and pan juices.
Serving Size1 Servings
Amount Per Serving Calories 951Total Fat 77gSaturated Fat 36gTrans Fat 1gUnsaturated Fat 33gCholesterol 304mgSodium 641mgCarbohydrates 2gFiber 1gSugar 0gProtein 61g
Nutrition Disclaimer: All information presented on this site is intended for informational purposes only. I am not a certified nutritionist and any nutritional information shared on butteryourbiscuit.com should only be used as a general guideline.