This Filet Mignon with Garlic Herb Butter is easy and tastes absolutely phenomenal!
This Filet Mignon with Garlic Herb Butter absolutely melts in your mouth. Cooking it in a hot pan and finishing it in the oven will give you the best filet you ever had. So easy to do, super tender, flavorful, and delicious!
Cast iron skillets are the best for this steak because it gets so hot and gives them such a great sear. They are fairly cheap and will last forever. Using a good meat thermometer will help you achieve the right cooking temp for your preference.
My love for Filet Mignon is strong! I mean it just melts in your mouth. The very reason why it is so dang expensive, So it is a huge treat when we have it.
The garlic herb butter is such a perfect combo to top this filet off with. You could cut the garlic herb butter in half, depending on how many steaks you make. Or just keep it in the fridge and use another time.
So many endless possibilities with what you can add to this butter to make it even more delicious!
This Garlic Herb Butter is fantastic on anything really, just keep it in your fridge and give it a try on beef, chicken, or veggies. It’s amazing on my Easy Sheet Pan Lemon Herb Chicken.
- 2-4 (8-ounce) Filet Mignon steaks, about 1 1/2 inch thick
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 tablespoon butter
- 2 teaspoons kosher salt
- fresh ground pepper
- fresh chopped parsley
For the Garlic Herb Butter
- 1 stick butter softened
- 1 tablespoon rosemary
- 1 tablespoon fresh thyme
- 2 garlic cloves minced
- Remove steaks from the refrigerator and let come to room temperature for about 30 minutes. Season both sides with salt and pepper.
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees
- Heat a cast-iron or oven-safe skillet on high heat add olive oil and butter, once butter is melted and done foaming add steaks. Cook for 2 minutes then flip and cook another 2 minutes, this gives the Filets a nice brown sear. Place pan in the oven and cook 7-8 minutes or until desired doneness. Using a meat thermometer you can check the temp. Rare - 120-125F, medium rare - 130-135F, medium - 140-145F, medium well - 150-155F and well done - 160-165F.
- Remove the skillet add the garlic herb butter and let rest 3 minutes. Serve garnish with fresh parsley and pan juices
- In a small bowl add butter, herbs, and garlic and mix until combined. Place mixed butter on a piece of plastic wrap roll and twist the ends. Store in refrigerator until ready to use.
Serving Size1 Servings
Amount Per Serving Calories 951Total Fat 77gSaturated Fat 36gTrans Fat 1gUnsaturated Fat 33gCholesterol 304mgSodium 1431mgCarbohydrates 2gFiber 1gSugar 0gProtein 61g
Nutrition Disclaimer: All information presented on this site is intended for informational purposes only. I am not a certified nutritionist and any nutritional information shared on butteryourbiscuit.com should only be used as a general guideline.