Deep dish skillet brookie is half fudge brownie and half chewy chocolate chip cookie! Best of both worlds!
This is one of my favorite cheater recipes, and it's always a huge hit. Most of my recipes are from scratch but everybody needs a good cheater recipe, right? This skillet brookie never disappoints, a lot like my Zucchini Brownie Recipe and Cheesecake Brownies!
What is a brookie?
It's a cookie bar made with a layer of fudge brownies. With cakey chocolate chip cookies throughout. The perfect choice when you can't decide between a brownie or a cookie.
How to make Skillet Brookie
- First in a large bowl add brownie mix, oil, water, and eggs.
- In another bowl add cookie mix butter and egg
- Spread brownie mix in a 12 inch cast iron skillet or baking pan and gently spread in clumps of the cookie dough.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 45 minutes.
- Let cool and enjoy!
Looking for more delicious dessert recipes?
- Cheesecake Stuffed Strawberries
- Homemade Spiced Rum Cake
- Classic Carrot Cake
- Chocolate Zucchini Bread
- No-Bake Mini Chocolate Tarts
- Apple Pie Turnovers
Deep Dish Skillet Brookie
For the Brownies
- 1- 18.4 oz box Chocolate fudge brownie mix I used Betty Crocker see notes
- 2/3 cup vegetable oil
- 1/4 cup water
- 2 large eggs
For the cookies
- 1- 17.5 oz box chocolate chip cookie mix I used Betty Crocker see notes
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1 large egg
- 1/2 cup chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- In a large bowl add brownie mix, oil, water, and eggs and mix until combined.
- In a medium bowl add cookie mix, butter, and egg and mix until combined.
- Spray a cast iron pan with nonstick cooking spray. Add brownie mix to a 12 inch cast iron skillet *see notes
- Gently drop/spread cookie mixture into the center of brownie mix. Sprinkle extra chocolate chips on top
- Bake 40-45 minutes. Remove from oven and cool a bit before serving, so they can set up a bit.