Deep dish skillet brookie is half fudgy brownie and half chewy chocolate chip cookie! Best of both worlds!
Skillet brookie is a delicious combination of brownies, and chocolate chip cookies and they are absolutely amazing! The perfect choice when you can’t decide between a brownie or a cookie.
This is one of my favorite cheater recipes, and its always a huge hit. Most of my recipes are from scratch but everybody needs a good cheater recipe right? This skillet brookie never disappoints!
How to make Skillet Brookie
- First in a large bowl add brownie mix, oil, water and eggs.
- In another bowl add cookie mix butter and egg
- Spread brownie mix in a 12 inch cast iron skillet or baking pan and gently spread in clumps of the cookie dough.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 30 minutes.
- Let cool and enjoy!
Looking for more delicious dessert recipes?
- Cheesecake Stuffed Strawberries
- Homemade Spiced Rum Cake
- Classic Carrot Cake
- Chocolate Zucchini Bread
- No Bake Mini Chocolate Tarts
- Apple Pie Turnovers
Deep Dish Skillet Brookie
For the Brownies
- 1 18-4 oz box Chocolate fudge brownie mix (I used Betty Crocker see notes)
- 2/3 cup vegetable oil
- 1/4 cup water
- 2 large eggs
For the cookies
- 1 17-5 oz bow chocolate chip cookie mix (I used Betty Crocker see notes)
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1 large egg
- 1/2 cup chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- In a large bowl add brownie mix, oil, water, and eggs and mix until combined.
- In a medium bowl add cookie mix, butter and egg and mix until combined.
- Add brownie mix to a 12 inch cast iron skillet *see notes
- Gently spread cookie mixture into the center of brownie mix. Sprinkle extra chocolate chips on top
- Bake 30 minutes. Remove from oven and cool a bit before serving.
If you use a different brand brownie and cookie mix sure you double check the needed ingredients.
You can also bake this in a 12 inch baking pan.