Chicken pot pie soup is easily made from scratch, and comfort food you can’t resist.
This soup is so easy and all made in one pot. Of course, you’ll need a side of my buttery buttermilk biscuits to scoop up all the goodness with.
I can never resist a creamy, savory soup loaded with chicken, veggies, and pasta. One of my favorite meals to cozy up to, when it’s chilly.
Can I freeze chicken pot pie soup?
Yes, this soup freezes beautifully, I just add the pasta right before serving.
Can I add other vegetables?
Of course, you can add whatever you have to use up. Mushrooms, broccoli and green beans are also delicious.
You can easily grab a rotisserie chicken from the grocery store, for this soup. It’s also a perfect way to use up that leftover chicken. Here are a few of my chicken recipes that are delicious to use in this soup.
- Brined Herb Chicken Breasts
- Lemon Garlic Roasted Chicken
- Slow Cooker Garlic Butter Chicken
- Brined Garlic Herb Turkey Breast
- 5 tablespoons butter
- 1 medium onion diced
- 1 large carrot diced
- 2 celery stalks diced
- 2 tablespoon minced garlic
- 6 tablespoons all purpose flour
- 3 cups half and half
- 5 cups chicken broth
- 3 cups shredded chicken
- 1 teaspoon fresh chopped thyme
- 1 teaspoon fresh chopped rosemary
- 1 cup frozen peas
- 1 cup frozen corn
- 8 ounces egg noodles
- salt and pepper to taste
- Cook pasta al dente and set aside.
- Heat butter in a large pot over medium-high heat. Add onions, carrots, and celery and saute for 3-4 minutes. Add in garlic and cook another minute.
- Add in the flour and cook another minute. Pour in chicken stock and half and half and let the soup come to a low simmer for 5 minutes.
- Add in thyme, rosemary, chicken, peas, and corn, bring the soup back to low simmer. Simmer on low for 15 minutes.
- Add in cooked egg noodles and serve with buttermilk biscuits or crusty bread if desired.
You can use all milk for a l lighter version. But it will make a slightly thinner soup.
Amount Per Serving Calories 504Total Fat 28gSaturated Fat 16gTrans Fat 1gUnsaturated Fat 11gCholesterol 134mgSodium 1059mgCarbohydrates 36gFiber 3gSugar 10gProtein 27g
Nutrition Disclaimer: All information presented on this site is intended for informational purposes only. I am not a certified nutritionist and any nutritional information shared on butteryourbiscuit.com should only be used as a general guideline.