This Jalapeño Pepper Jack Chicken Burger are juicy, bursting with flavor and super simple to make!
Photos updated 7-25-18
We are obsessed with these Jalapeño Pepper Jack Chicken Burgers with Roasted Garlic Mayo. The jalapeño, cilantro and pepper jack cheese add so much flavor to the moist chicken burgers. I mean they are a serious crowd pleasers.
When you shape the patties they do seem a little wet. But when they are placed on the hot lightly greased grill they firm up nicely.
I have to admit I have never had a chicken burger before, I have tried a turkey burger before and it always seemed to be dry. Blahh! You will be absolutely amazed at how juicy and tender these burgers turn out. They are bursting with flavor and it’s a nice change from the typical beef burger. The roasted garlic mayo is so yummy I could pretty much eat it right from the container.
Roasting garlic is so easy and makes the perfect mayo for this chicken burger.
This roasted garlic mayo is so so good! Stores perfectly in the fridge for up to 5 days.
You might also want to check out my other grilled recipes!
- Tequila Lime Grilled Chicken Club with Chipotle Mayo.
- Grilled French Bread Pizza
- Grilled Corn with Cilantro Lime Butter
- Grilled Skirt Steak with chimichurri
Jalapeno Pepper Jack Chicken Burger
- 2 lbs ground chicken
- 4 garlic cloves minced
- 1/2 onion finely diced
- 1-2 jalapeno peppers seeded and finely diced
- 2 teaspoons paprika
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon fresh ground pepper
- 3/4 cup shredded pepper jack cheese
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 6-8 hamburger buns
Roasted Garlic Mayo
- 1 head of roasted garlic
- 1/3 cup mayonnaise
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon fresh ground pepper
- In a small bowl, mix roasted garlic and mayo together until combined. Add salt and pepper and mix. Cover and store in the refrigerator until ready to use.
- Preheat grill to a medium high heat
- In a mixing bowl add the ground chicken and the remaining ingredients and gently mix together.
- Divide the chicken mixture into into 6-8 patties.
- Put a little vegetable oil on a paper towel and run it over grill grate to coat lightly. Grill burgers covered over direct heat for 8 minutes on each side or until it reaches 165 degrees. Right before the patties are done add a piece of cheese if desired.
- Serve on toasted buns with your favorite toppings. Serves 6-8
- To roast garlic place a head of garlic on a piece of foil, drizzle a teaspoon olive oil over garlic. Wrap it in the foil and bake in oven at 400 for 40 minutes or until garlic is soft. Squeeze garlic out of the skin and place into a bowl.