This Slow Cooker Rotisserie Chicken is flavorful, tender and juicy every time!
Whoever invented the slow cooker was a genius! This slow cooker rotisserie chicken is so incredibly easy. The most juicy and tender chicken you will ever make.
We eat a lot of chicken in our family. It's such a versatile protein. Making your own rotisserie chicken is much easier than you think. When chicken goes on sale, it is totally worth it to stock up. You get more meat than you do when you buy those pitiful rotisserie chickens from the deli at your local grocery store.
Slow Cooker Rotisserie Chicken Tips!
- Make sure you're using a 7qt slow cooker to be able to fit the chicken. I use this 7qt slow cooker.
- Just crumple up four balls of foil and place the chicken on top. This keeps all the juices at the bottom of the slow cooker.
- You don't need to add any water to the slow cooker. The chicken will release juices as it cooks that will mix with the spices and make a fantastic juice to drizzle over the chicken before serving.
- I trussed this chicken but it really isn't necessary for cooking in the slow cooker it was mainly for presentation. But here is a link on how to truss a chicken if you need it.
- Always use a meat thermometer to check the temperature you want it to be 164 degrees.
This rotisserie chicken can be the star of the dinner or used in a number of other recipes. You can use this chicken in so many different ways, tacos, sandwiches, and salads, the ideas are really endless. The chicken basically just falls off the bone and is packed full of flavor. Nobody ever believes it was made in a slow cooker.
Recipes that use rotisserie chicken
- Chicken Sriracha Quesadilla
- White Chicken Chili
- Skillet Chicken Pot Pie
- Chicken Pot Pie Soup
- Green Chili Chicken Enchiladas
- Chicken and Cheese Poblano Stuffed Peppers
- Freezer Chicken Pot Pies
- 4-5 lb whole chicken
- 1 1/2 tablespoons smoked paprika
- 1 tablespoon garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon Cayenne Pepper
- 1 tablespoon Italian Seasoning
- 1 1/2 tablespoons brown sugar
- In a small bowl whisk all the dry ingredients until combined.
- Roll four pieces of foil into balls (about the size of tennis balls and place in the bottom of the slow cooker
- Remove the gizzard and liver from the inside of the chicken rinse and pat dry with paper towels
- Rub the dry mixture all over the chicken, place in the slow cooker, and cook 3 1/2 -4 hours on high or 6 hours on low.
- If you want crispy skin remove chicken and place it on a baking sheet. Turn oven to broil and broil chicken for 5 minutes just to crisp it up.
Serving Size6 Servings
Amount Per Serving Calories 3641Total Fat 206gSaturated Fat 57gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 126gCholesterol 1331mgSodium 1244mgCarbohydrates 6gFiber 1gSugar 3gProtein 413g
Nutrition Disclaimer: All information presented on this site is intended for informational purposes only. I am not a certified nutritionist and any nutritional information shared on butteryourbiscuit.com should only be used as a general guideline.