This Slow Cooker Rotisserie Chicken is flavorful, tender and juicy every time!
Whoever invented the slow cooker was a genious! This slow cooker rotisserie chicken is so incredibly easy. The most juicy and tender chicken you will ever make.
We eat a lot of chicken in our family. It’s such a versatile protein. Making your own rotisserie chicken is much easier then you think. When chicken goes on sale, it is totally worth it to stock up, you get more meat than you do when you buy those pitiful ones from the deli at your local grocery store.
Just crumple up four balls of foil and place the chicken on top. This keeps all the juices at the bottom of the slow cooker.
You don’t need to add any water to the slow cooker. The chicken will release juices as it cooks that will mix with the spices and make an fantastic juice to drizzle over the chicken before serving. I trussed this chicken but it really isn’t necessary for cooking in the slow cooker it was mainly for presentation. But here is a link on how to truss a chicken if you need it.
This rotisserie chicken can be the star of the dinner or used in a number of other recipes. You can use this chicken so many different ways, tacos, sandwiches and salads, the ideas are really endless. I use it for my Sriracha Chicken Quesadilla all the time. The chicken basically just falls off the bone, and is packed full of flavor. Nobody ever believes it was made in a slow cooker.
If you love this recipe you might want to check out my Slow Cooker Garlic Butter Chicken. Another recipe that you can use so many different ways.
Slow Cooker Rotisserie Chicken
- 4-5 lb whole chicken
- 1 1/2 tablespoons smoked paprika
- 1 tablespoon garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon Cayenne Pepper
- 1 tablespoon Italian Seasoning
- 1 1/2 tablespoons brown sugar
- In a small bowl whisk all the dry ingredients until combined.
- Roll four pieces of foil into balls (about the size of tennis balls and place in the bottom of the slow cooker
- Remove the gizzard and liver from the inside of the chicken rinse and pat dry with paper towels
- Rub the dry mixture all over the chicken, place in slow cooker and cook 3 1/2 -4 hours on high or 6 hours on low.
- If you want a crispy skin remove chicken and place on baking sheet. Turn oven to broil and broil chicken 5 minutes just to crisp it up.