This Slow Cooker Rotisserie Chicken is flavorful, tender, and juicy every time! No need to grab one at the store when you can make it right from home in your slow cooker.
We may earn a small commission for purchases made through links in this post. Read our disclosure policy here
The tender chicken basically falls off the bone and is packed full of flavor. Nobody believes it was made in a slow cooker, just like my Slow Cooker Garlic Butter Chicken. If you prefer a simple crockpot recipe using chicken thighs you'll love my Honey Garlic Chicken.
Why this recipe works
Rotisserie chicken is such a versatile protein, with just a few minutes of prep time. The spices used in the crockpot rotisserie chicken are incredible. You can serve it as a main dish, or use it to make other chicken recipes here are a few of my favorite ways Chicken tetrazzini, Skillet Chicken and Biscuit Pot Pie, or my Sour Cream Chicken Enchiladas. You get more meat than you do when you buy those rotisserie chickens from the deli at your local grocery store. It's budget-friendly and a great way to meal prep.
How to make this recipe
Step 1-In a small bowl add all the dry ingredients and mix.
Step 2- Roll up four balls of aluminum foil and place them in the bottom of your slow cooker.
Step 3- Rub olive oil all over the entire chicken and sprinkle the spice mixture on both the front and back of the chicken.
Step 4- Place the seasoned chicken on top of the foil balls and cook. Then if you want to crisp up the chicken skin through it under the broiler.
- Remove the gizzards and pat dry with paper towels.
- Don't add any extra liquids to the slow cooker.
- Broiling at the end gives it that crispy skin.
- You can truss your chicken using kitchen twine.
- Don't forget to drizzle those delicious juices in the bottom of the crock pot over the chicken.
The goal here is to keep the chicken off the bottom of the slow cooker. You can also use 2 large onions cut in half.
Yes, it won't necessarily be considered a true rotisserie chicken but still a delicious way to make a whole chicken recipe. Place a 4-5 pound chicken in a baking dish and bake it at 400 degrees for 70-80 minutes or until internal temperature reaches 164 degrees. Basting the breast meat a couple of times with its own juices.
You can! Also if you prefer a full meal you can try my Lemon Honey Chicken and Vegetables for a one-pot shot.
I dont recommend it, a frozen chicken has a lot more water content.
Slow Cooker Rotisserie Chicken
- 4-5 lb whole chicken
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoons smoked paprika
- 2 teaspoons granulated garlic
- 2 teaspoons onion powder
- 2 teaspoons Italian Seasoning
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon Cayenne Pepper optional
- In a small bowl whisk all the dry ingredients until combined.
- Roll four pieces of foil into balls (about the size of tennis balls and place them in the bottom of the slow cooker
- Remove the gizzard and liver from the inside of the chicken rinse and pat dry with paper towels
- Rub the olive oil all over the chicken and sprinkle the dry mixture all over the chicken, place it in the slow cooker, and cook for 4 hours on high or 6-8 hours on low.
- If you want crispy skin remove chicken and place it on a baking sheet. Turn oven to broil and broil chicken for 5 minutes just to crisp it up.