These brined herb chicken breasts are absolutely the juiciest and most flavorful. Turns out perfect every time!
This simple brine will help make the meat more tender and juicy. Brining chicken permeates the meat with flavor and ensures it cooks into a juicy piece of meat.
We are big believers in brining. We always brine our Thanksgiving turkey and it turns out fantastic every time.
How to make Brined Herb Chicken Breasts
- In a large bowl add warm water and salt and sugar, and whisk until dissolved.
- Add chicken breasts and soak in the brine for 4 hours
- In a small bowl mix softened butter, lemon, and herbs until combined. Microwave for 10-15 seconds to slightly soften.
- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees
- Remove chicken and pat dry with paper towels, spread on herbed butter make sure to get under the skin.
- Roast for 40 minutes or until internal temperature reaches 165 degrees
- Remove chicken and let rest for 10 minutes. Remove from bone and slice.
What are some good recipes to use Brined Herb Chicken Breasts in?
- Chicken Caesar Salad Wrap
- Mini Freezer Chicken Pot Pies
- Chicken Caesar Pasta Salad
- Tuscan Chicken Pasta
- Chicken Avocado Caesar Salad
I make this recipe on the weekend slice it up and we use it for sandwiches all week long! Absolutely delicious!
Whether these chicken breasts are the star of your meal, or just making them for food prep during the week. Everyone will go crazy for this juicy chicken.
Brined Roasted Herb Chicken Breasts
- 4 Chicken breasts bone-in and skin on about 4 pounds
- 4 tablespoon butter
- 3 cloves finely chopped garlic
- 1 teaspoon fresh rosemary
- 1 teaspoon fresh thyme
- 2 lemons
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 8 cups warm water
- 1/4 cup salt
- 1/4 cup sugar
- In a large bowl add 8 cups warm water, salt and sugar whisk together until dissolved, add chicken breasts. Refrigerate 4 hours
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees
- In a small bowl add butter, garlic, herbs the juice of one lemon. Microwave for 10-15 seconds to slightly melt the butter.Mix and set aside.
- Remove chicken from brine and place on a baking sheet and pat dry with paper towels.
- Using a spoon/brush spread herb butter all over chicken and even under shin. Sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Bake for 30 minutes or until internal temp is 164 degrees.
- Remove chicken and let rest 15 minutes. Slice chicken and squeeze more lemon juice over top.