Deep fried stuffing balls are a delicious way to use up those holiday leftovers. Great for just snacking, game day, or holiday gatherings.
If you thought leftover stuffing was boring, think again! These crispy stuffing balls are fantastic. Dip them into a delicious cranberry bbq sauce.
These deep fried stuffing balls remind me of hush puppies, except they taste even better! With little prep and just a few extra ingredients comes an easy and tasty treat!
Tips for making deep fried stuffing balls!
- I have a delicious cornbread sausage stuffing that is amazing for these deep fried stuffing balls.
- If your stuffing is super dry you can add in a couple of tablespoons chicken stock or milk, to moisten it a bit.
- Dice up some turkey and toss it into the mixture.
- These can also be fried in an air fryer.
- I make 12 2" stuffing balls, but you can make them smaller.
- Serve with cranberry bbq sauce or leftover gravy.
How long is leftover stuff good for?
Leftover stuffing/dressing is good for 3-4 days stored in an airtight container and placed in the refrigerator. Or freeze in an airtight container for up to 1 month.
Looking for more holiday appetizers?
- Cranberry Cream Cheese Dip
- Chipotle Bacon Deviled Eggs
- Easy Cheese Balls
- Super Simple Party Dips
- Italian Sausage Stuffed Mushrooms
- Loaded Taco Dip
- 3 cups leftover stuffing
- 1 cup parmesan cheese, grated
- 1 egg, whisked
- For the breading
- ½ cup all-purpose flour
- 2 eggs, whisked
- 1 cup panko bread crumbs
- ½ teaspoon paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon granulated garlic
- ½ teaspoon salt
- Oil for frying
- For the dipping sauce
- ½ cup BBQ Sauce
- ½ cup cranberry sauce
- In a medium bowl combine the stuffing parmesan cheese and whisked egg and mix.
- Scoop stuffing, about 2 tablespoons per serving, and roll into a ball using your hands. Place on a baking sheet and set aside. (if stuffing is to dry to hold together add a splash of milk to moisten)
- Place flour in a bowl, and whisked eggs in a second bowl, then the panko, paprika, granulated garlic, and salt in a third bowl.
- Dredge each stuffing ball in the flour and shake off any excess. The place in the eggs and shake off any excess finally roll in the panko bread crumbs until coated. And return back to the baking sheet.
- Heat a pot or skillet with 2 inches of vegetable oil on medium-high heat
- Once the oil is ready place 6 of the stuffing balls into the oil. Cook for 1-2 minutes then roll the ball over and cook another 1-2 minutes.
- In a small bowl mix the bbq sauce and cranberry sauce until combined.
You can also serve with a side of gravy.
Amount Per Serving Calories 509Total Fat 23gSaturated Fat 6gTrans Fat 2gUnsaturated Fat 15gCholesterol 107mgSodium 1367mgCarbohydrates 61gFiber 2gSugar 18gProtein 15g
Nutrition Disclaimer: All information presented on this site is intended for informational purposes only. I am not a certified nutritionist and any nutritional information shared on butteryourbiscuit.com should only be used as a general guideline.