These spicy candied walnuts are super addictive, and the ultimate sweet and salty snack.
These walnuts are coated in a cinnamon brown sugar coating with a hint of cayenne pepper. Perfect topping for salads, snacking or they make great gifts.
Candied walnuts make great gifts for friends and family. Just put them in a jar or tin, add a ribbon, and you're done!
Tips for making spicy candied walnuts
- Buy walnuts when they are on sale, and just toss them in the freezer to keep them fresh.
- Light or dark brown sugar will work fine with these.
- You can use sea salt or kosher salt, just don't leave it out. It adds the perfect salt balance to the sweet.
- I like to use walnuts for this recipe, but pecans would also be delicious.
This recipe is basically foolproof and hard to mess up. Highly addictive, and super hard to stop eating them until they're gone.
Other recipes you might like:
- Microwave Peanut Brittle
- Easy Rocky Road Fudge
- Caramel Pecan Oatmeal Cookies
- Oreo Dipped Christmas Cookies
Spicy Candied Walnuts
- 4 cups walnuts
- 3/4 cup brown sugar
- 3/4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 3/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper or more if you like heat
- 1 teaspoon sea salt or kosher
- 1 egg white
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- Preheat oven to 300 degrees and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a small bowl add the brown sugar, cinnamon, cayenne, and sea salt mix until combined.
- In a medium bowl toss the walnuts with the egg white and vanilla until coated.
- Add the sugar mixture to the walnuts and toss until coated.
- Spread the walnuts into a single layer on the prepared baking sheet. Place in the middle oven rack and bake for 20 minutes, stir and bake for another 20 minutes.
- Remove from oven and let the walnuts cool. Store in an airtight container for up to 1 month.