Cranberry cream cheese dip is the perfect appetizer for all your fall gatherings.
The cranberry with the cream cheese makes for a delicious sweet and savory appetizer. The perfect combination to go with salty crackers.
Tips for making cranberry cream cheese dip!
- I serve different types of crackers with it. But veggies will work great also, or small crostini bread.
- Want to spice it up a bit? Add in some chopped jalapenos.
- Instead of the block, you can use the whipped cream cheese. Just spread it out onto a plate and place the cranberries on top.
These cranberries are the best ever, I could just eat it by the bowl. But you can also use your favorite cranberry recipe from your holiday dinner, the sauce drapes over softened cream cheese like a dream!
Can I use frozen cranberries?
Sure, cranberries freeze really well. There is no difference in flavor once they are frozen. Frozen are always available and fresh are only available during the fall season.
Can I use canned cranberry sauce?
Yes, you can! Although in my opinion, nothing beats fresh cranberry sauce. But canned cranberry sauce will work you’ll just have to mix it into a sauce so it will lay over the cream cheese.
More holiday recipes!
- Slow Cooker Turkey Breast
- Cornbread Sausage Stuffing
- Cheesy Creamed Corn Casserole
- Homemade Cranberry Sauce
- Maple Pecan Pie
- Corn Pudding Casserole
- 1/8 cup water
- Zest from 1 orange
- Juice from 2 oranges (about ½ cup)
- ¼ cup granulated sugar
- ¼ cup brown sugar
- 6 ounces fresh cranberries
- 1 cinnamon stick or 1/8 teaspoon cinnamon
- ¼ cup Grand Marnier (optional)
- 1-8ounce block of cream cheese
- 2 green onions sliced.
- ½ cup chopped pecans
- 2 sleeves of crackers
Heat a medium saucepan on medium-high heat. Add water, orange juice, granulated sugar, brown sugar, orange zest. Whisk until dissolved for about 1-2 minutes.
Add in the cranberries and cinnamon stick
Reduce heat and stir in Grand Marnier, Simmer another 3-4 minutes.
Remove cinnamon sticks and use an immersion blender (if you want it smooth) to blend the chunks out if desired. Place in refrigerator to chill for at least 1 hour.
Place a softened block of cream cheese on a serving platter. Pour the cranberry sauce over the top.
Garnish with sliced green onions and chopped pecans.
Serve with crackers
Amount Per Serving Calories 245Total Fat 15gSaturated Fat 6gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 7gCholesterol 29mgSodium 110mgCarbohydrates 28gFiber 3gSugar 22gProtein 3g
Nutrition Disclaimer: All information presented on this site is intended for informational purposes only. I am not a certified nutritionist and any nutritional information shared on butteryourbiscuit.com should only be used as a general guideline.