These Homemade Garlic Jalapeño Dill Refrigerator Pickles have the perfect crunch! Sure to become a new family favorite!
Summer is prime time for pickling. These Garlic Jalapeño Dill Refrigerator Pickles do not disappoint. They are great as an appetizer or along side your favorite sandwich or burger.
Making your own homemade version is super easy and you will never want store bought again. If you don’t grow your own pickling cucumbers you can easily pick some up at your local farmers market or even the grocery store.
The pickles cure right in your fridge and are ready in about a week. The jalapeno adds just the right amount of spice, although you could leave that out if you choose too. If you love love jalapeños like we do you have to check out my Refrigerator Pickled Jalapeños.
You can slice the cucumbers in half or even quarters to make spears.
- 8-10 kirby pickles
- 2 tablespoons kosher salt
- 2 cups water
- 1 cup distilled vinegar
- ½ cup slivered onions
- 6 cloves garlic smashed
- i jalapeno sliced
- 4 teaspoons kosher salt
- 2 teaspoons mustard seeds
- 2 teaspoon black peppercorns
- 8 sprigs fresh dill
- Slice cucumbers in half or quarters, place in a colander sprinkle kosher salt over them. Set aside 20-30 minutes. Rinse salt from cucumbers.
- In a small pot boil water vinegar, onion, garlic, jalapeno, kosher salt, peppercorns and mustard seeds for 5 minutes. let cool
- Place cucumbers in a jar or glass dish, fresh dill sprigs. Pour mixture over cucumbers let cool to room temperature, cover and place in refrigerator for 1 week.
- Store in refrigerator for several months