Chili Cheese Hasselback Potatoes are loaded with chili, melted cheese and all your favorite toppings.
Make a meal out of these Hasselback potatoes, or just a fancy side dish. I know they look difficult to make but these are really very easy. I guarantee they will satisfy your taste buds!
What is a Hasselback potato?
Hasselback potatoes are the Swedish version of the baked potato. Potatoes that are cut halfway through in thin slices. Drizzled with butter and baked until slightly crispy on the outside and deliciously creamy on the inside. They are a beautiful side dish.
How to make Chili Cheese Hasellback Potatoes!
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Wash potatoes and make thin slices 3/4 of the way through the potato.
- Place on baking sheet and brush melted butter over potatoes.
- Bake for 45 minutes or until tender with fork.
- Place chili and cheese in between the slices.
- Bake 5 minutes or until cheese is melted.
- Remove from oven and add your favorite toppings.
Not gonna lie potatoes of any kind are droolworthy to me. I mean how can you go wrong with potatoes that are crispy on the outside, soft and creamy on the inside and then stuffed with chili and cheese?
Check out some of my other hearty potato recipes.
- Pulled Pork Loaded Potatoes
- Bacon Jalapeno Twice Baked Potato
- Bacon Ranch Foil Wrapped Potatoes
- Garlic Roasted Creamy Mashed Potatoes
- Parmesan Scalloped Potatoes and Ham
I like to use Yukon or Russet potatoes for these. My Roasted Poblano Pepper Beef Chili is perfect to stuff them with, but you can use whatever chili you prefer. Make them for game day and watch how quickly they disappear!
- 6 medium potatoes, I used Yukon
- 2 tablespoon melted butter
- 2-3 cups chili
- 2 oz thinly sliced cheese, I used cheddar and pepper jack
- Sour cream
- green onions
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees
- Wash potatoes and slice 1/4 inch slices 3/4 of the way through the potato. Place on a baking sheet.
- Brush melted over potatoes. Sprinkle salt and pepper over top.
- Bake 45-60 minutes or until tender with a fork.
- Remove from oven and carefully place slices of cheese in between some of the slices. Add in spoonfuls of chili in between the other slices.
- Put back in the oven and bake 5 more minutes or until cheese is melted.
- Top with sour cream, jalapeno slices and green onions
Serving Size6 Servings
Amount Per Serving Calories 550 Total Fat 27g Saturated Fat 11g Trans Fat 0g Unsaturated Fat 10g Cholesterol 78mg Sodium 1315mg Carbohydrates 53g Net Carbohydrates 0g Fiber 5g Sugar 6g Sugar Alcohols 0g Protein 26g