Chili Cheese Hasselback Potatoes are loaded with chili, melted cheese, and all your favorite toppings.
Make a meal out of these Hasselback potatoes, or just a fancy side dish. I know they look difficult to make but these are really very easy. I guarantee they will satisfy your taste buds! They are perfect for a meal on their own or serve as gameday appetizers and top with your favorite toppings.
What is a Hasselback potato?
Hasselback potatoes are the Swedish version of the baked potato. Potatoes that are cut halfway through in thin slices. Drizzled with butter and baked until slightly crispy on the outside and deliciously creamy on the inside. They are a beautiful side dish.
How to make Chili Cheese Hasselback Potatoes!
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Wash potatoes and make thin slices 3/4 of the way through the potato.
- Place on a baking sheet and brush melted butter over potatoes.
- Bake for 45 minutes or until tender with a fork.
- Place chili and cheese in between the slices.
- Bake 5 minutes or until cheese is melted.
- Remove from the oven and add your favorite toppings.
- Green onions
- Red onions
- Sour Cream
- You can use this Hasselback potato slicer to help guide you while cutting. Or use two chopsticks to help guide you as shown here.
- I use Yukon Gold potatoes but you can Russet potatoes also.
- Stuff the Hasselback potatoes with whatever your favorite cheese is. I use pepper jack and cheddar.
- I have three different chili recipes on my site that are delicious stuffed in these potatoes. Roasted Poblano Pepper Chili, No-Bean Chili, Steak Chili.
Check out some of my other hearty potato recipes.
- Pulled Pork Loaded Potatoes
- Bacon Jalapeno Twice Baked Potato
- Bacon Ranch Foil Wrapped Potatoes
- Garlic Roasted Creamy Mashed Potatoes
- Parmesan Scalloped Potatoes and Ham
MAKE SURE TO FOLLOW ME ON FACEBOOK, INSTAGRAM, PINTEREST FOR ALL MY LATEST RECIPES.
Chili Cheese Hasselback Potatoes
Chili Cheese Hasselback Potatoes are loaded with chili, melted cheese and all your favorite toppings.
- 6 medium potatoes, I used Yukon
- 2 tablespoon melted butter
- 2-3 cups chili
- 2 oz thinly sliced cheese, I used cheddar and pepper jack
- Sour cream
- green onions
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees
- Wash potatoes and slice 1/4 inch slices 3/4 of the way through the potato. Place on a baking sheet.
- Brush melted over potatoes. Sprinkle salt and pepper over top.
- Bake 45-60 minutes or until tender with a fork.
- Remove from oven and carefully place slices of cheese in between some of the slices. Add in spoonfuls of chili in between the other slices.
- Put back in the oven and bake 5 more minutes or until cheese is melted.
- Top with sour cream, jalapeno slices, and green onions
Serving Size6 Servings
Amount Per Serving Calories 550Total Fat 27gSaturated Fat 11gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 10gCholesterol 78mgSodium 1315mgCarbohydrates 53gFiber 5gSugar 6gProtein 26g
Nutrition Disclaimer: All information presented on this site is intended for informational purposes only. I am not a certified nutritionist and any nutritional information shared on butteryourbiscuit.com should only be used as a general guideline.
Leave a Reply