Slow cooker lemon, honey chicken, and vegetables are a perfect meal for busy weeknight dinners.
This healthy dinner is easy, hearty, and full of flavor. The chicken is super tender and juicy and the best part is it's all made in one pot, like my Crockpot Chicken and Gravy or my Honey Garlic Chicken Thighs.
Lemon, honey, and garlic pair beautifully with chicken. The potatoes soak up all that delicious juice.
Tips for slow cooker lemon honey chicken and vegetables.
- Baby potatoes are great for this recipe, both gold, and red potatoes work. If they are on the larger side then I just slice them in half.
- I use 6 large chicken thighs because that is my family's favorite. But if you want to use breasts that would work also.
- We love green beans, and they cook to perfection when adding them in the last 15-20 minutes.
- Broiling the chicken after it's done is highly recommended. Chicken doesn't ever come out of the slow cooker looking pretty. So broiling not only gives the skin some crispiness but adds color too.
Looking for more chicken recipes?
- Honey Butter Garlic Chicken
- Crispy Chicken Cutlets
- Brined Herb Chicken Breasts
- Slow Cooker Garlic Butter Chicken
- Green Chili Chicken Enchiladas
- 6 large chicken thighs
- 1/2 large white onion sliced
- 1- 1/2 pounds baby potatoes (cut in half)
- 1/3 cup honey
- Lemon zest and juce of 1-2 lemons (about 1/4 cup)
- 3 tablespoons minced garlic
- 1/2 tablespoon fresh chopped thyme
- 1 teaspoon fresh chopped rosemary
- 4 cups fresh green beans
- salt and pepper
- Fresh lemon and parsley for garnish
1. Slice onion and place at the bottom of the slow cooker. Add the potatoes. Sprinkle with salt and pepper.
2. Place chicken thighs on top of the potatoes and onions.
3. In a small bowl add the honey, lemon zest, juice, garlic, thyme, and rosemary, pinch of salt and pepper, and mix until combined. Pour mixture on top of chicken.
4. Cook on low for 6 hours or high for 3-4 hours.
5. Add the fresh green beans for the last 15 minutes of cooking time (set to high if its not already)
6. Remove chicken thighs into a baking dish or pan and broil for 4-5 minutes or until skin is golden and crispy.
7. Serve with lemon garnish and fresh chopped parsley. Salt and pepper to taste.
You can also use chicken legs or bone-in chicken breasts.
Red or white baby potatoes is what I use. You can also just cut large potatoes into 1 1/2 chunks.
Amount Per Serving Calories 486Total Fat 18gSaturated Fat 5gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 13gCholesterol 166mgSodium 294mgCarbohydrates 51gFiber 6gSugar 20gProtein 36g
Nutrition Disclaimer: All information presented on this site is intended for informational purposes only. I am not a certified nutritionist and any nutritional information shared on butteryourbiscuit.com should only be used as a general guideline.