Sausage, green bean potato bake is a delicious comforting recipe that the whole family will enjoy!
This dish is perfect for those crazy busy weeknight dinners. With just a few minutes of prep time, just toss and bake and dinner is ready. This can be a complete meal or pair it with a fresh crisp salad.
Tips for making this sausage green bean potato bake
- I like to use both red and white baby creamer potatoes. But if you only have one or the other then it's no problem.
- I use smoked sausage, but chicken sausage, kielbasa, or even chorizo would also be delicious in this dish.
- It's not absolutely necessary to brown the sausages before baking. I just like to add that little bit of caramelization to the sausages. If you want to skip that step you sure can.
Can I use fresh green beans?
Yes, you can use fresh-cut green beans or even frozen. Just make sure to thaw the frozen green beans out beforehand.
Check some of my easy weeknight recipes
- Honey Butter Garlic Chicken
- Garlic Brown Sugar Pork Chops
- Garlic Mushroom Chicken Thighs
- Green Chili Chicken Enchiladas
Sausage, Green Bean, Potato Bake
- 1 1/2 13.5-14 oz fully cooked smoked sausage
- 1 pound baby creamer potatoes I use a mixture of red and white
- 2- 15 oz cans green beans drained
- ½ onion roughly chopped
- 6 garlic cloves minced
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon Italian seasoning
- 1 1/2 teaspoons salt more to taste
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- ½ teaspoon red pepper flakes
- Fresh chopped parsley
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees
- Slice the smoked sausage into ¼ inch thick slices. Heat a skillet on medium-high heat, add the sliced sausages and cook for 2-3 minutes to brown them.
- Wash the baby potatoes and slice in half. (If they are extra-large you may need to cut them into quarters.)
- In a bowl add the sausage, potatoes, green beans, onions, garlic, olive oil, Italian seasoning, salt, pepper, and red pepper flakes and toss until coated.
- Spray a 9x13 baking dish with non-stick cooking spray. Pour contents into the baking dish. Place on the center rack and bake for 40-45 minutes or until potatoes are tender, stirring halfway through.
- Remove from oven and add more salt and pepper if desired.
- Garnish with fresh chopped parsley!