Sausage, green bean potato bake is a delicious comforting recipe that the whole family will enjoy!
This dish is perfect for those crazy busy weeknight dinners. With just a few minutes prep time, just toss and bake and dinner is ready. This can be a complete meal or pair it with a fresh crisp salad.
Tips for making this sausage green bean potato bake
- I like to use both red and white baby creamer potatoes. But if you only have one or the other then its no problem.
- I use smoked sausage, but chicken sausage, kielbasa, or even chorizo would also be delicious in this dish.
- It’s not absolutely necessary to brown the sausages before baking. I just like to add that little bit of caramelization to the sausages. If you want to skip that step you sure can.
Can I use fresh green beans?
Yes, you can use fresh cut green beans or even frozen. Just make sure to thaw the frozen green beans out beforehand.
Check some of my easy weeknight recipes
- Honey Butter Garlic Chicken
- Garlic Brown Sugar Pork Chops
- Garlic Mushroom Chicken Thighs
- Green Chili Chicken Enchiladas
- 1 1/2 13.5-14oz fully cooked smoked sausage
- 1 pound baby creamer potatoes (I use a mixture of red and white)
- 2- 15 oz cans green beans, drained
- ½ onion roughly chopped
- 6 garlic cloves minced
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon Italian seasoning
- 1 1/2 teaspoons salt (more to taste)
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- ½ teaspoon red pepper flakes
- Fresh chopped parsley
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees
- Slice the smoked sausage into ¼ inch thick slices. Heat a skillet on medium-high heat, add the sliced sausages and cook for 2-3 minutes to brown them.
- Wash the baby potatoes and slice in half. (If they are extra-large you may need to cut them into quarters.)
- In a bowl add the sausage, potatoes, green beans, onions, garlic, olive oil, Italian seasoning, salt, pepper, and red pepper flakes and toss until coated.
- Spray a 9x13 baking dish with non-stick cooking spray. Pour contents into the baking dish. Place on the center rack and bake for 40-45 minutes or until potatoes are tender, stirring halfway through.
- Remove from oven and add more salt and pepper if desired.
- Garnish with fresh chopped parsley!
You can use fresh or frozen green beans if desired. Just thaw frozen green beans beforehand.
Amount Per Serving Calories 3296Total Fat 293gSaturated Fat 100gTrans Fat 2gUnsaturated Fat 151gCholesterol 605mgSodium 8800mgCarbohydrates 38gFiber 6gSugar 15gProtein 123g
Nutrition Disclaimer: All information presented on this site is intended for informational purposes only. I am not a certified nutritionist and any nutritional information shared on butteryourbiscuit.com should only be used as a general guideline.