These Garlic Parmesan Croutons are so addictive. I am a sucker for these crispy little bites warm right out of the oven!
Homemade Garlic Parmesan Croutons are so easy to make. Once you make these you will ask yourself why you ever bought the store bought version. These turn out so light and crispy, almost impossible not to munch on a few right out of the oven.
Whenever I have left over bread I just toss them in the freezer, until I’m ready to use them. I like to make garlic Parmesan flavor, but you can easily put your own twist on these just by adding different herbs into the mixture. These are so easy and fast to make, light and crispy and full of flavor!
You can be so creative making your own croutons, using Parmesan, garlic, different herbs to add flavor. Toss them with some olive oil and through them on a baking sheet and in about 30 minutes you’ll have the best crunchy croutons.
These Garlic Parmesan croutons are absolutely a great reason to eat more salad. I don’t know about you but croutons are the best part of a salad. I need to have that crunchy texture, but the kind that you get from the grocery store always seem to be so hard. These are fantastic in my Chicken Caesar Salad Wraps.
- 4 heaping cups cubed bread ( i use sourdough)
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup freshly grated parmesan cheese
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped fresh parsley
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees
- In a large bowl combine the cubed bread, olive oil, Parmesan, garlic powder and parsley. Toss until combined.
- Spread the bread onto a baking sheet bake for 12 minutes, give them a stir and bake another 5-6 minutes or until golden brown and crispy.
- Store croutons in an airtight container or ziplock bag.
- **The baking time really depends on the size you prefer the croutons to be. I like to make mine a little on the smaller side.
Amount Per Serving Calories 127Total Fat 8gSaturated Fat 2gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 6gCholesterol 3mgSodium 221mgCarbohydrates 11gFiber 1gSugar 1gProtein 3g