Oven roasted asparagus is a quick and easy side dish the whole family will love.
Tender spears of asparagus tossed with olive oil, salt, pepper and roasted to perfection topped with some parmesan cheese.
Its a great last minute side dish that comes together super fast. Perfect all on its own or serve in salads and pastas dishes.
After you rinse the asparagus, pat dry with a paper towel. Just place a few side by side and cut off about 1 1/2 inches from the bottom.
What size asparagus is best?
Thicker stalks are great for broiling, roasting and grilling. I prefer my asparagus with medium sized stalks, but if all the grocery store has is thicker stalks you can peel off some of the outer skin using a potato peeler.
The thinner spears are great for steaming and stir frying.
There is just something thats amazing about roasted vegetables. Brings out their natural sweetness and gives them a beautiful caramelization. If you love roasted veggies as much as my family you might like my Parmesan Roasted Broccoli, Roasted Brussels Sprouts with Bacon, Garlic Parmesan Roasted Cauliflower.
- 1 pound fresh asparagus
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon salt (or more to taste)
- ½ teaspoon fresh ground pepper
- Pinch of red pepper flakes
- 2 tablespoons fresh grated parmesan cheese
- Lemons for garnish
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees. Place a piece of parchment paper on a baking sheet.
- Cut or snap off the ends of the asparagus (about 2 inches)
- Place the asparagus on the lined baking sheet. Drizzle with olive oil and sprinkle salt, pepper and red pepper flakes over top.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes or until desired tenderness.
- Remove from oven and sprinkle parmesan cheese over top and drizzle with lemon if desired.
Amount Per Serving Calories 57Total Fat 3gSaturated Fat 1gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 2gCholesterol 1mgSodium 568mgCarbohydrates 7gFiber 3gSugar 2gProtein 3g