Lobster mac and cheese is loaded with creamy pasta and chunks of rich buttery lobster meat. Topped with a buttery crumb topping.
Mac and cheese is one of my favorite comfort foods. Combine it with rich chunks of lobster meat and you have a meal nobody can resist. It can be the star of the meal or a delicious holiday side dish.
Where do I buy lobster meat?
Most stores carry frozen lobster chunks in the seafood department. I usually grab mine at Costco. Or you can grab some lobster tails and make my Broiled lobster Tails and cut them into pieces.
Tips for making lobster mac and cheese
- Always salt the pasta water
- Cook pasta to al dente, the pasta will cook more in the oven while baking.
- Add a pinch of cayenne pepper to spice things up a bit.
- Use other short pasta like penne, rigatoni, or elbow macaroni if you choose.
- Don’t use pre-grated cheese, it never melts as smoothly as freshly grated.
Can I use different cheese?
I use white cheddar and Gruyere. Gruyere is commonly paired with seafood. Gouda, Havarti, or Monterey jack are also good choices.
Why is my cheese sauce gritty?
Using pre-grated cheese can cause your sauce to be grainy. Or adding cheese to a boiling sauce will cause the cheese to break down and cause a grainy texture.
What to serve with lobster mac and cheese?
Whether you serve this as the star of the meal or a delicious side dish. Lobster mac and cheese is a rich dish. So a nice simple protein like Pan Seared Garlic rib Eye Steak. Or my Roasted Broccoli or Roasted Asparagus.
Looking for more comfort food recipes?
- One-Pot Cheesy Goulash
- Blueberry French Toast Casserole
- French Onion Pork Chops
- Skillet Chicken and Biscuit Pot Pie
- Potatoes Au Gratin
- Slow Cooker Beef Burrito
- 12 ounces dried pasta (I use cavatappi pasta)
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 3 cloves garlic minced
- ¼ cup all purpose flour
- 3 ½ cups half n half
- ½ teaspoon dry mustard
- ¼ teaspoon ground nutmeg
- ½ teaspoon kosher salt
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper
- 2 cups Gruyere cheese grated
- 3 cups white cheddar cheese
- ½ cup grated parmesan cheese
- 1 pound lobster meat
- For the topping
- ½ cup panko bread crumbs
- ¼ cup grated parmesan cheese
- 2 tablespoons melted butter
- 1 tablespoon fresh parsly,chopped
- Spray a 9x13 baking dish with cooking spray.
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Heat a large pot of water to boiling and cook pasta according to the package directions to al dente. Drain and set aside.
- Heat a large skillet to medium-high heat and add butter. Once melted add in the garlic and saute for another minute.
- Add in the flour and whisk. Pour in the half n half, mustard and nutmeg, salt and pepper, and whisk until combined.
- Let come to a simmer just until thickened. Turn off the heat and add in the cheeses. Whisk until creamy and melted.
- Pour the cooked pasta into the baking dish and add the lobster meat.
- Pour the cheese sauce all over the pasta and mix until combined well.
For the topping
- In a small bowl mix together the panko bread crumbs, parmesan cheese, and melted butter. Sprinkle topping over the pasta.
- Bake for 30-40 minutes until bubbly and golden brown.
- Let rest 10 minutes, garnish with fresh chopped parsley.
As the mac and cheese cools this sauce will soak into the pasta.
Amount Per Serving Calories 747Total Fat 49gSaturated Fat 29gTrans Fat 1gUnsaturated Fat 17gCholesterol 198mgSodium 1083mgCarbohydrates 31gFiber 1gSugar 5gProtein 44g
Nutrition Disclaimer: All information presented on this site is intended for informational purposes only. I am not a certified nutritionist and any nutritional information shared on butteryourbiscuit.com should only be used as a general guideline.