Skillet chicken and biscuit pot pie is loaded with tender chicken, veggies and a delicious creamy gravy, topped with buttery biscuits.
You can never have too many recipes for chicken pot pie. This is an easy one-pot wonder the whole family will devour.
Its the perfect quick and easy weeknight meal. You can use leftover roasted chicken or grab a rotisserie from your grocery store.
Tip for making skillet chicken and biscuit pot pie.
- This recipe comes together fast so have all your veggies diced and ready to go.
- I usually use leftover chicken but you can grab a rotisserie from your grocery store.
- Using canned biscuits makes this recipe come together quickly. But if your feeling inspired you can use my homemade Buttermilk Biscuit Recipe.
Do I have to use an oven-safe skillet?
No, if you don’t have an oven-safe skillet. Transfer the filling to a 9x9 baking dish, and bake accordingly.
Can this be made ahead of time?
Yes, you can prepare everything in the skillet or baking dish. But add the biscuits right before baking.
Looking for more comfort food recipes?
- Easy Creamy Beef and Shells
- Skillet Deep Dish Pizza
- Slow Cooker Pork Tenderloin
- Garlic Mushroom Chicken Thighs
- ½ cup butter
- 1 cup onion, diced
- 1 cup carrots, diced
- ¾ cup celery, diced
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon fresh thyme
- ½ teaspoon fresh chopped rosemary
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon black pepper
- ½ cup all-purpose flour
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 2 cups cooked chicken, chopped or shredded
- 1 cup frozen peas
- 1 cup frozen corn
- 1 (16 oz) can refrigerated biscuits (8 total)
- Fresh chopped parsley for garnish
- Heat oven to 375 degrees.
- Add butter to a 12-inch oven-safe skillet (I use cast iron) and melt over medium-high heat. Add in onions, carrots, and celery. Cook 4-5 minutes to soften. Add in the garlic, thyme, and rosemary and cook another 30 seconds until fragrant.
- Stir in flour and cook another 30 seconds. Then add in chicken broth, mix and let simmer 2-3 minutes until it starts to thicken. Reduce heat to low and mix in heavy whipping cream.
- Fold in cooked chicken, peas, and corn and mix until combined. Remove from heat.
- Separate biscuit dough and cut each biscuit into fourths. Place the biscuit chunks on the chicken mixture.
- Bake for 18-20 minutes or until golden brown and bubbly.
Amount Per Serving Calories 528Total Fat 38gSaturated Fat 21gTrans Fat 1gUnsaturated Fat 14gCholesterol 130mgSodium 937mgCarbohydrates 32gFiber 4gSugar 7gProtein 18g
Nutrition Disclaimer: All information presented on this site is intended for informational purposes only. I am not a certified nutritionist and any nutritional information shared on butteryourbiscuit.com should only be used as a general guideline.