These chicken pot pies will warm you from the inside out on a cold day. Ultimate comfort food!
These chicken pot pies have a buttery flaky crust and are loaded with tender chicken, potatoes, and lots of veggies. A true family classic!
It's a great way to use leftover turkey for Thanksgiving like my Turkey Shepherd's Pie! Whether you use chicken or turkey I suggest making a bunch because they won't last long!
Let's take a quick look at the ingredients
• Premade pie crust (I use Pillsbury)
• Garlic cloves
• Russet Potatoes
• Frozen peas
• Frozen corn
• Chicken broth
• Heavy cream
• All-purpose flour
• Egg white
How to make Chicken pot pie
1. Lay the pie crust out and cut circles using a small bowl or cup.
2, Place the pie crust in the bottom of the 5" pie tins.
3. Add the filling.
4. Place the top crust on the pie and using a fork seal the edges down.
5. Cut three slits at the top of the pie.
6. Brush the egg wash over the top crust so it gets golden brown while baking.
• Use a rotisserie chicken, always my go-to when I dont have any leftover chicken.
• Use leftovers from Thanksgiving instead of chicken.
• I use premade pie crust but if you want to make your own pie crust try this Homemade Buttery Flaky Crust!
• Feel free to switch up the veggies to whatever you have on hand.
Looking for more comfort food recipes?
Beef Short Ribs Braised in Red Wine
Parmesan Scalloped Potatoes and Ham
Garlic Rosemary Roasted Pork Shoulder
Garlic Brown Sugar Pork Chops
Spicy Italian Baked Ziti
Loaded Potato Soup
Mini Freezer Chicken Pot Pies
- 1/3 cup butter
- 1 medium onion diced
- 3 carrots peeled and diced
- 2 celery stalks chopped
- 4 cloves garlic finely diced
- 2/3 cup flour
- 4 cups chicken broth low sodium
- 2 large russet potatoes diced or 3 medium
- 3 cups cooked chicken breasts chopped
- 1 cup frozen corn
- 1 cup frozen peas
- 2 teaspoons fresh thyme
- 1 teaspoon fresh rosemary
- 1 teaspoon Salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 3/4 cup heavy cream
- 2 boxes refrigerated pie crust 4 crusts See notes
- 1 egg white
- Melt butter in a large skillet or pot on medium heat, add onions, carrots, celery, and garlic. Cook until they start to soften about 3 minutes.
- Add flour and whisk until combined and cook another minute. Add chicken broth and whisk until combined.
- Add the potatoes and bring to a low boil, reduce heat and simmer for 7-8 minutes to soften potatoes.
- Add chicken, corn, peas, rosemary, thyme, salt and pepper, and cream. Simmer for another 5-6 minutes until it becomes thick and bubbly.
- Remove from heat and let cool, the sauce will thicken. If you are freezing the pot pies bring the mixture to room temperature before filling the pies and freezing.
- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees
- Roll out your pie crust and cut the circles out using a biscuit cutter or glass. Reroll the dough until you get all the circles cut. See notes
- Place the bottom crusts into the tins and spoon the mixture to the top. Then top with the second crust.
- Then seal the edges with a fork.
- Whisk egg white with 1 tablespoon water brush over top of crust.
- Make 2-3 slits in the middle of the top to let the steam release.
- Place the pies on a baking sheet lined with aluminum foil in case they spill over. Bake for 30-35 minutes or until the crust is golden brown.