This delicious no-bean chili is loaded with ground beef, tomatoes and green chilis. It’s savory, filling and so satisifying!
This chili is loaded with so much flavor, you’ll never even miss the beans. Served with all your favorite toppings or piled on a juicy hot dog.
I have a couple other chili recipes that have beans, Roasted Poblano pepper Beef Chili and Ribeye Steak Chili. Although, this one is equally delicious without the beans. Chili is always better the next day. The flavors have all that time to mesh together. I usually have some of this in the freezer for those Summer nights when we crave a grilled hot dog with chili on top. Mmmm
How long to cook chili?
This chili is done in an hour. Although the longer you simmer chili the better it gets. It will thicken up more and the flavors will become richer.
Toppings for chili!
- Sour cream
- Fritos or tortilla chips
Can you freeze no-bean chili?
Yes, chili freezes beautifully with or without beans. Making it the perfect reason to make a large batch just to have some in the freezer.
- 2 pounds ground beef
- 1 medium onion (chopped)
- 8 cloves of garlic (minced)
- 1 6-oz can tomato paste
- 5 tablespoons chili powder
- 2 tablespoons cumin
- 1 tablespoon dried oregano
- 3 tablespoon unsweetened cocoa powder
- 5 cups beef broth
- 2-15oz can tomato sauce
- 1-15 oz can diced tomatoes (with liquid)
- 1-7oz can green chilis
- 2 tablespoons worcestershire sauce
- 1 large bay leaf
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/4 cup chopped cilantro
- Heat a large pot on medium high heat and add ground beef, onions, salt and pepper. Cook until browned, add in garlic and cook another 30 seconds. Drain fat from the beef.
- Add in beef broth, tomato sauce, diced tomatoes (with liquid) chilis, worcestershire sauce, and bay leaf. Bring to a boil then reduce heat to low, add in cilantro and simmer for 1 hour.
- Remove bay leaf and serve with your favorite toppings.
Amount Per Serving Calories 342 Total Fat 18g Saturated Fat 6g Trans Fat 1g Unsaturated Fat 9g Cholesterol 81mg Sodium 1604mg Carbohydrates 18g Net Carbohydrates 0g Fiber 6g Sugar 9g Sugar Alcohols 0g Protein 30g