This delicious no-bean chili is loaded with ground beef, tomatoes, and green chilis. It’s savory, filling and so satisfying!
This chili is loaded with so much flavor, you’ll never even miss the beans. Served with all your favorite toppings or piled on a juicy hot dog.
I have a couple of other chili recipes that have beans, Roasted Poblano pepper Beef Chili and Ribeye Steak Chili. Although, this one is equally delicious without the beans. Chili is always better the next day. The flavors have all that time to mesh together. I usually have some of this in the freezer for those Summer nights when we crave a grilled hot dog with chili on top. Mmmm
How long to cook chili?
This chili is done in an hour. Although the longer you simmer chili the better it gets. It will thicken up more and the flavors will become richer.
Toppings for chili!
- Sour cream
- Fritos or tortilla chips
Can you freeze no-bean chili?
Yes, chili freezes beautifully with or without beans. Making it the perfect reason to make a large batch just to have some in the freezer.
- 2 pounds ground beef
- 1 medium onion (chopped)
- 8 cloves of garlic (minced)
- 1 6-oz can tomato paste
- 5 tablespoons chili powder
- 2 tablespoons cumin
- 1 tablespoon dried oregano
- 3 tablespoon unsweetened cocoa powder
- 5 cups beef broth
- 2-15oz can tomato sauce
- 1-15 oz can diced tomatoes (with liquid)
- 1-7oz can green chilis
- 2 tablespoons worcestershire sauce
- 1 large bay leaf
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/4 cup chopped cilantro
- Heat a large pot on medium-high heat and add ground beef, onions, salt, and pepper. Cook until browned, add in garlic and cook another 30 seconds. Drain fat from the beef.
- Add in tomato paste, chili powder, cumin, oregano, and cocoa powder and mix in with the ground beef about 1 minute.
- Add in beef broth, tomato sauce, diced tomatoes (with liquid) chilis, Worcestershire sauce, and bay leaf. Bring to a boil then reduce heat to low, add in cilantro and simmer for 1 hour.
- Remove bay leaf and serve with your favorite toppings.
Amount Per Serving Calories 342Total Fat 18gSaturated Fat 6gTrans Fat 1gUnsaturated Fat 9gCholesterol 81mgSodium 1604mgCarbohydrates 18gFiber 6gSugar 9gProtein 30g
Nutrition Disclaimer: All information presented on this site is intended for informational purposes only. I am not a certified nutritionist and any nutritional information shared on butteryourbiscuit.com should only be used as a general guideline.