This Loaded Potato Soup is super creamy and loaded with all the favorites! Comfort food at it best!
This loaded potato soup is packed with tender chunks of potatoes, some veggies, bacon and cheeeese! When the colder weather hits, I love to make soups. This is a simple recipe and is considered the ultimate comfort food.
Check out some of my other popular recipes!
- Easy Oven Baked BBQ Ribs
- Chicken Enchilada Soup
- Slow Cooker Bean and Bacon Soup
- Thick and Creamy New England Clam Chowder
- Ribeye Steak Chili
- Sweet Corn Chowder
If you wanted to set it and forget it, you could totally do this in the slow cooker. But this comes together rather quickly in a big pot on the stove. I promise it will make you feel all warm and cozy inside on a chilly day!
I love using my Enameled cast Iron Dutch Oven to make this soup, keeps it nice and warm for a long time.
- 5 large Russet potatoes cut into small cubes
- ⅓ cup butter
- ⅓ cup flour
- 4 garlic cloves minced
- 3 cups chicken stock
- 4 cups milk
- 2 large carrots diced
- 3 celery stalks diced
- 1 medium onion diced
- 8 ounces cream cheese cut into cubes
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese, plus more for garnish
- ½ lb Bacon cut into bit sized pieces, I used a smoked cherrywood bacon
- green onions
- salt and pepper to taste
- In a large pot on medium heat cook bacon until crispy, remove and drain on paper towels. Set aside for garnish
- In the same pot toss all but 1 tablespoon of bacon grease and add carrots, onions and celery and cook for 5 minutes or just until softened. Add butter and garlic and melt on low heat, add flour and cook for 1 minute whisking constantly to cook the flour just a bit. Stir in the chicken stock, milk and cream cheese and add the diced potatoes. Bring to a low simmer and cook 30 minutes or until potatoes are tender. Add in the cheddar cheese, add more salt for taste if needed.
- Serve in bowls and top with more cheese, bacon, green onions.
You can add more liquid at the end to thin is out a bit if your want.
Serving Size6 Servings
Amount Per Serving Calories 770Saturated Fat 26gCholesterol 133mgSodium 845mgCarbohydrates 54gFiber 3gSugar 14gProtein 25g