These Pulled Pork Loaded Baked Potatoes are a perfect way to use up that leftover BBQ pulled pork!
These Pulled Pork-loaded baked potatoes are out of this world. They are hearty enough to be the main course and paired with a salad or slaw you have a delicious meal.
Pulled pork is absolutely delicious for a summertime barbecue or just a regular family dinner. But I'm telling you there is something extra special about piling it on a starchy potato. Add a drizzle of barbecue sauce some cheese and a dollop of sour cream. The best part of this recipe is dinner is on the table in a flash.
If you need a good pulled pork recipe my Slow Cooker Pulled Pork Sandwiches are easy and fantastic! So I try to make a few different meals out of it. Or else I will toss it in the freezer for a quick meal another day. Whenever I have leftovers of chicken pork or beef, we just pop it on the top of a potato and you got yourself a quick meal. You may also like my Chinese BBQ Pork piled on top.
This is ridiculously good, and a perfect quick meal for those busy weeknights. The countless number of toppings you can pile on are endless.
The trick to making these potatoes is rubbing olive oil over them and sprinkling them with kosher salt and baking them on a sheet pan in the oven. Gets the skin nice and crispy.
- 4 large russet potatoes
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 teaspoons kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 cup barbecue sauce (optional)
- 4 cups pulled pork
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- Sour cream
- Green onions
- 1 Jalapeno, sliced
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees
- Wash and dry potatoes, poke several holes in the potatoes with a fork.
- Rub olive oil over potatoes and sprinkle generously with salt and pepper
- Bake for 1 hour or until tender with a fork.
- Slice each potato lengthwise about 3/4 of the way through. Push the sides inward to open the potato.
- Add butter and cheese, pulled pork sour cream and green onions, and sliced jalapeno.
- Serves 4
You can mix pulled pork with the bbq sauce or drizzle it over the top if desired.
Serving Size4 Servings
Amount Per Serving Calories 1153Total Fat 41gSaturated Fat 17gTrans Fat 1gUnsaturated Fat 19gCholesterol 152mgSodium 3877mgCarbohydrates 142gFiber 11gSugar 65gProtein 54g