This Slow Cooker Pulled Pork Recipe is the last one you'll ever need. The perfect way to feed a crowd.
This Slow Cooker Pulled Pork Sandwich is super easy and full of flavor, the perfect blend of spices. The creamy chipotle slaw puts this sandwich over the top like my slow cooker bbq chicken sandwich!
Dijon mustard or any kind of mustard gives it that delicious tang and helps the spices adhere to the roast while it's cooking.
What cut of pork for pulled pork?
You want a cut that has some fat in it. You can do bone-in or boneless, whatever you can find. Any of these will work great.
- Pork Butt
- Picnic Roast
- Shoulder Roast
- Shoulder Butt Roast
- Boston Butt
How long does it take to make slow cooker pulled pork?
- Cook on high 5-6 hours
- Cook on low 8-10 hours
Chipotle Slaw is creamy and the perfect way to top the pulled pork sandwiches off.
Broiling the pulled pork, in the end, isn't necessary, but gives it those little charred bits of heaven.
Can I freeze pulled pork?
Yes, it freezes beautifully. Place leftover pulled pork in a ziplock freezer bag and freeze for up to 3 months. Thaw in the refrigerator overnight and heat in the microwave or oven until warmed through. I use this recipe for my Pulled Pork Mac and Cheese or to pile on my Pulled Pork Baked Potato!
What sides go with pulled pork?
- Southern Potato Salad
- Stovetop Macaroni and Cheese
- Crispy Parmesan Potato Wedges
- Deviled Macaroni Salad
- Crispy Onion Rings
- Sweet N Spicy Baked Beans
MAKE SURE TO FOLLOW ME ON FACEBOOK, INSTAGRAM, AND PINTEREST FOR ALL MY LATEST RECIPES!
Slow Cooker Pulled Pork Sandwich with Chipotle Slaw
Slow cooker pulled pork in coated in a homemade rub and cooked low and slow until tender.
- 5 pound pork butt
- 1 medium white or yellow onion cut into slices
- 1 jar barbecue sauce
- 1/4 cup Dijon mustard
- 8 hamburger buns
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 2 teaspoons kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 tablespoon smoked paprika
- 2 teaspoons dried oregano
- 3/4 cup Mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon diced chipotle chile from 1 can of chipotles in adobo
- 2 tablespoons freshly squeezed lime juice
- 1 bag of Cole slaw
- 5-6 green onions sliced
- 1/8 cup chopped cilantro
- Salt, pepper
- In a bowl mix all the dry rub spices and set aside
- Rinse pork and pat dry with paper towels.
- Rub the Dijon mustard all over the pork. Then rub the spice mixture over the pork until well coated. Place into a baking pan fat side up. Cover and let stand in the refrigerator overnight.
- Place the sliced onions in the bottom of the slow cooker. Add the pork roast on top and add a 1/2 cup water and cook on low 8-10 hours.
- Shred the pork using two forks in the juice. With tongs remove from slow cooker and place into a pan.
- Leave the extra juice in the slow cooker to moisten the pork later. Toss with a little barbecue sauce. Place under broiler for 3-5 minutes to get some crispy bark goodness.
For the Chipotle slaw
- In a large bowl add the shredded cabbage, green onions, and cilantro
- In a separate bowl whisk the mayo, chipotle chiles, and lime juice and pour over the cabbage. Toss to combine.
- Pile the pulled pork on buns with the coleslaw and enjoy!
*Any type of mustard will work
*Pork shoulder will also work
*You can use 1 teaspoon of chipotle powder instead of chipotles in adobo sauce. If you use the chiptoles in the can place the leftovers in a ziplock bag and freeze for another use.
Serving Size1 grams
Amount Per Serving Calories 1153Total Fat 72gSaturated Fat 23gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 43gCholesterol 253mgSodium 1687mgCarbohydrates 52gFiber 4gSugar 24gProtein 73g
Nutrition Disclaimer: All information presented on this site is intended for informational purposes only. I am not a certified nutritionist and any nutritional information shared on butteryourbiscuit.com should only be used as a general guideline.
Just reading your recipe gives me so many idea’s.., thank you for sharing 😊 it is totally what I’m craving, especially a sandwich with everything 💕
I've never made it in an instant pot but I'm sure it will work fine.
Can you make this in an instapot?