These Spicy Shrimp Ramen Bowls have tender shrimp, crisp veggies, and spicy Sriracha!
Fall is here and that would mean soup season and comfort food is here too. Hot bowls of soup on chilly nights...Mmmmm These spicy shrimp Ramen bowls are super simple to make, comes together in about 20 minutes. If you're craving some comfort food that's a little more hearty you've got to try my Oven baked BBQ Ribs, always a huge hit!
As a kid I don't ever remember having Ramen noodles, I think I first had them after I got married. They were just ok for me, but my kids always loved it. Making it with the fresh veggies and shrimp turns it into yummy noodle goodness. You will never go back to the plain Ramen with just the seasoning packet after you try this.
We love shrimp in our house. I make it quite often, not only is it delicious but it makes for a super quick meal. Check out my Shrimp with Hot Garlic Sauce, Crispy Shrimp Tacos, or my Honey Garlic Butter Shrimp and Broccoli.
Spicy Shrimp Ramen Bowls
- 3 pkgs ramen seasoning packet discarded
- 1 1/2 lbs med-large shrimp peeled and deveined
- 6 cups chicken vegetable or seafood stock
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1-2 tablespoons sriracha depending on your heat level
- 3 tablespoons soy sauce
- 3 cloves garlic minced
- 1 teaspoon grated fresh ginger
- 1 1/2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 cups shredded green cabbage
- 3/4 cup carrots thinly sliced
- 3/4 cup sweet peppers thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup onion thinly sliced
- juice of 1 lime
- In a skillet on medium heat add 1 tablespoon olive oil. Add shrimp, season with salt and pepper and cook for 1-2 minutes on each side or until firm and pink. Set aside
- In a large pot on medium-high heat add 1 tablespoon olive oil. Add carrots, onions, cabbage and peppers and cook for 2-3 minutes add garlic and ginger cook another minute. Add stock, soy sauce, brown sugar, lime juice, and sriracha mix until combined. Bring to a rapid boil then reduce heat to medium and let simmer for 8 minutes.
- Add the dry ramen noodles to the broth and cook for another 2-3 minutes. Remove from heat and serve into bowls, add in shrimp and garnish with cilantro.