These Slow Cooker Baby Potatoes are a simple recipe and will be your new favorite side dish to a weeknight meal or holiday meal. Tender, creamy potatoes are a delicious side dish to any meal.
We may earn a small commission for purchases made through links in this post. Read our disclosure policy here.
We love potatoes no matter how they are prepared like my Twice Baked Potatoes, Roasted Garlic Mashed Potatoes, or my Air Fryer Crispy Potatoes. A potato side dish in our home always gets devoured and these easy crock pot potatoes were a hit!
Why this recipe works
These slow cooker potatoes are great when you're low on oven space. Super easy to prepare using simple ingredients like my Slow Cooker Cheesy Potatoes. Slow cooker garlic parmesan potatoes are the perfect side dish to many different main dishes like my Pan Seared Rib Eye Steak, Sweet and Spicy Bacon Wrapped Chicken and my Brined Herb Chicken Breasts.
- Baby potatoes: Small red potatoes or small Yukon gold potatoes or a combination, even fingerling potatoes work great in the recipe. You can also use larger potatoes you just need to cut them down to about 1-inch in size.
- Garlic: Fresh Garlic cloves are always best but in a pinch, you can use garlic powder.
- Butter: Either Salted or unsalted works.
- Parmesan: I always recommend freshly grated parmesan cheese located in the deli section of your grocery store.
- Fresh Herbs: I use rosemary and thyme but you can use dried Italian seasoning if you prefer.
How to make these slow cooker potatoes
- Step 1: Cut the baby potatoes in half.
- Step 2: In a large bowl add the raw potatoes, garlic, a little bit of olive oil, butter, and seasonings and mix until combined.
- Step 3: Add all the potatoes to the slow cooker.
- Step 4: Add a layer of paper towel over the top then place the lid on to reduce any extra moisture. Cook until fork tender.
- Step 5: Place the cooked potatoes on a foil-lined baking sheet.
- Step 6: Broil until brown and a bit crispy, make sure to keep an eye on it, and toss the potatoes every couple of minutes.
- You want to make sure the potatoes are all cut to the same size for even cooking.
- You can tell when the crock pot potatoes are done cooking by piercing them with a fork.
- Place the cooked potatoes on a foil-lined baking sheet and under the broiler for 5 minutes to crisp them up. Keep an eye on them and toss them every couple of minutes to prevent burning.
All slow cookers cook slightly differently. But generally, potatoes will be fork tender cooking on high for 3-4 hours or low for 5-6 hours.
Creamer potatoes are very young, small tender potatoes, they can be round or slightly oval and any variety. Baby potatoes are just small potatoes that are harvested before they get too large sometimes called new potatoes. Both are great options for this parmesan potatoes recipe.
1. Add in some sweet potatoes just make sure they are cut to all be the same size.
2. Throw in some baby carrots or onions to cook with the potatoes.
3. Toss in some crispy cooked bacon at the end.
4. Add a little heat with a pinch or two of red pepper flakes.
Yes, line a baking sheet with aluminum foil. Preheat the oven to 400 degrees and bake for about 1 hour or until tender. Make sure you stir them about halfway through.
Slow Cooker Baby Potatoes
- 3 pounds baby potatoes *see notes
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons butter melted
- 5 cloves garlic smashed and roughly chopped
- 1 teaspoon fresh thyme
- 1 teaspoon fresh chopped rosemary
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/4 cup grated parmesan cheese
- Fresh chopped parsley
- Wash and dry the potatoes, then cut the potatoes in half.
- In a large bowl add the halved potatoes olive oil, melted butter, garlic, thyme, rosemary, salt and pepper and mix until combined.
- Pour the potato mixture into a slow cooker, cover and cook for 3-4 hours on high or 5-6 hours on low.
- Optional: Place the cooked potatoes on a foil-lined baking sheet and under the broiler for 5 minutes to crisp them up. Keep an eye on them and toss them every couple of minutes to prevent burning.
- Sprinkle with grated parmesan cheese and fresh chopped parsley and serve!